Join for free
Page 2 of 44 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 07:11 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Second wave of Covid-19 coming to UK, says PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And what's the point in pubs having to shut at 10 pm for Christ's sake? What difference will that make?
Do they think the virus only comes out after 10 o/clock, so shutting the doors before that will be safe?
My understanding is that the later you have venues open the more drunk and disorderly people will be so they get too close. Plus they are less likely to be outdoors after that time (local noise rules etc).

And why are the hunters and shooters still allowed to lurk about in groups of 30 people?
That one has baffled me too Mups. Particularly given that I object to the "sport". They don't allow hiking groups of more than six and yet this lot are considered safe. Not safe for the animals!

I heard today that we can carry it for 5 days before it might show any symptoms.
So even if everyone in the country were tested, it still only shows up if the virus is active at the moment of giving the sample. And what about those that are pronounced 'Clear'? Having good test results won't stop that person catching it the following day/week/month will it.

I have a real feeling of doom about this now, and I hadn't felt like that until today. I find this very worrying now.
I've been trying to understand how the asymptomatic infect others. If everyone adheres to strict hygiene protocols after being anywhere at risk then you shouldn't infect others even if you have no symptoms (surely?). Many who work in hospitals leave their clothes in the porch and have another set to change into. They might have a shower when they get home. But for ordinary folk washing your hands is surely enough?

I was looking at the 5 days a while back and it's the average but many people will know within two or three days.

To really get rid of this people have to take the mask and hygiene rules seriously for a longer period. But it goes against every grain of human nature to socially distance. People are gasping for human contact like water in a desert.

The trouble is that everyone has their own (quite often strong) opinion on the dangers and rather than adhere to public health messages they make up their own rules. I've stopped having discussions about it with friends and family because it's as devisive a subject as can be.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Bit difficult if people are having to trek across half the country for a test....
More tests would be available in those most infected places though.
Also put any covid patients in the Nightingale hospitals straight away, not only the ones that need ventilators.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:10 AM

One man "locks down" a town:

Coronavirus: 'Rule-breaking Bolton pub crawl' saw cases rise

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-54205353

A returning holidaymaker who did not self-isolate was partly responsible for Bolton's "extreme spike" in coronavirus cases. The man "went on a pub crawl with a number of mates" when he got home and tested positive for the virus a few days later.

Mr Greenhalgh, the town's council leader, said: "We had an extreme spike where we went from 12 cases per 100,000 and in less than three weeks we were up at 212 cases. We had somebody who did not adhere to quarantine, did not stay the 14 days, literally went on a pub crawl with a number of mates. From that incident which took place over a weekend - (they) visited a number of premises - led to a large number of individual transmissions from that one person which you can imagine then is like holding back the tide because he then became symptomatic two days after they had all gone on this pub crawl. That is four or five days where all the people he was in contact with have been going about their normal day-to-day business."

Bolton is now subject to tougher measures than most of England, with hospitality venues only allowed to operate as takeaways and ordered to shut by 22:00.
What a moron .....

It's people like him who, given a "taste" of freedom, abuse the opportunity and who are, now, responsible for the "second wave" .....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Is he really responsible? Is he being put forward as a focus for hate to distract from the incompetent people who are supposed to be leading the fight?

I don't think we're being told the truth about anything. As I said it's a lot of smoke and mirrors. Confuse, create fear, manipulate and using a pandemic to "their" own ends.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Is he really responsible?
Yes ….. and there are many like him …..

In my own small town, a teenager infected 3 pubs and 2 restaurants on one street - they had to be closed, all staff and traceable customers had to go into isolation …..

Others like him have infected "hospitality" establishments across the county, which was placed on "special measures" just days before BJ announced his "second wave lockdown" …..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-09-2020, 02:08 PM

I can't see how they can pin it down to one person if tests are so hard to get.
Friends of these people must know they've been on holiday so they're just as bad.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

19-09-2020, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can't see how they can pin it down to one person if tests are so hard to get.
Even though Dido Harding has made a complete shambles of Track, Test and Trace, tests are available for those with symptoms (which the carrier had developed) and 70% of contacts of positive cases can be traced - presumably at least SOME bars/restaurants maintain a customer register.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

19-09-2020, 03:02 PM

Cobra meeting going on, I wonder wha t comes next?
Do I want to know?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 03:17 PM

Probably another lockdown. In the meantime another anti mask / plandemic protest going on in Trafalgar Square.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sh-police.html

It's interesting to see how much fanatical religion is driving the anti vaccine/ covid denial internet feeds.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

19-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Daily number of new people with a lab-confirmed positive test result

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/cases

Updated on Saturday 19 September 2020 at 4:10pm

Daily 4,422

Total 390,358

Page 2 of 44 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top