Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 10:52 AM

Re: condolences

I would have done the same Paula, there are some things bigger than Covid, and human emotion is one of them....
If my daughter was in need of a hug, even if she was infected with Covid, I would respond. What good is life without the love of your family and friends? The BBC have done a good job with their fear mongering!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I would have done the same Paula, there are some things bigger than Covid, and human emotion is one of them....
If my daughter was in need of a hug, even if she was infected with Covid, I would respond. What good is life without the love of your family and friends? The BBC have done a good job with their fear mongering!
Lovely post. This is one of the reasons I like you so much foxy xxx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Lovely post. This is one of the reasons I like you so much foxy xxx
Thanks Lion Queen, made my day......
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:13 AM

It seems you must all only watch the BBC , if you think they are the only ones creating fear of Covid!

All channels are doing this, including the ads, and they are all doing it to make money.
Supermarkets can't stop telling us how much they are looking after their staff & customers.... but it is the customers that are wearing the face masks.!
Nobody wants to die, but the best way of making sure we don't is to do what we believe is safe.

Perhaps Paula was wearing a mask or went home & covered herself with sanitising gel ..but I do think we are all getting too paranoid about Covid, and it is our minds & lack of understanding that are causing it...not the BBC!

Paula, you did what any caring human being would do in the same situation!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:15 AM

My understanding is the gentleman held out his arms first, and was most probably in dire need of comfort. I too would have been there for him.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 11:44 AM

I would hope I'd give someone CPR too if they needed it. I'm sure most of us would.

You can't watch people suffer, mentally or physically, if you can help them, unless you're devoid of empathy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:11 PM

I am not paranoid at all!

How many of you shop online these days, lots on here do. I am in the shops lots of times a week, l walk most days. If l was paranoid, I wouldn’t leave the house. So please don’t accuse me of paranoia.

All those that would hug someone, are you on call to help them? Do you cook them something? Ask if you can help in some way? Ring them or call on them each day to see that they are ok?

No, you probably don’t, yet you think your, ‘oh l am so good’ one hug will solve everything!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:26 PM

It's human nature to show empathy and comfort to those in pain. But I hope you are ok Paula. Chances are that she was shielding and died of something else and I'm sure you have kept safe too.

A single very brief hug outdoors shouldn't be a disaster with someone who isn't sneezing and coughing. Fingers crossed you are both ok.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 12:46 PM

Thank you all for your kind response, Jazzie ,you're right , the gentleman did indeed hold his arms out , I didn't think for one minute that it was right or wrong, it was just instinct, his wife had been ill for some time...not covid related...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2020, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not paranoid at all!

How many of you shop online these days, lots on here do. I am in the shops lots of times a week, l walk most days. If l was paranoid, I wouldn’t leave the house. So please don’t accuse me of paranoia.

All those that would hug someone, are you on call to help them? Do you cook them something? Ask if you can help in some way? Ring them or call on them each day to see that they are ok?

No, you probably don’t, yet you think your, ‘oh l am so good’ one hug will solve everything!
Art please read my post again! I said we are all getting paranoid & I believe we are.
Of course none of us want to die but, if we allow the fear of death to make us behave differently to how we would normally, are we the same person we used to be?
If somebody fell over in the street & hurt themselves, I would be very surprised if nobody tried to help them. We all have sanitizing gel , so we could easily destroy the virus before we put our hands near our mouths!
This morning I was trying to reach something on the top shelf of a shop & stumbled. Fortunately a man was passing & supported me to prevent me falling..... is that any different to a hug?

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top