Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Re: wearing masks

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, it isn't panic attacks I just plain hate wearing masks. I don't feel unwell, just itchy & hot. Wearing them for an hour or so is bearable, just, but all the time when out of my home, no. So no, I will not be classed as exempt from wearing one. I just won't go out if they make them mandatory all the time.
I am dreading the start of the fairs, then I may have to wear one all day.
I cough and splutter too too Tiffs my eyes run and it’s a pain .
But I can put up with it for a whip around the shops .

I am British after all .

In Spain you have to wear one at all times .

If you don’t tough you have to stay in !
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:34 PM

If you have no face covering then you are at risk of contracting or unknowingly spreading Covid. Unless tested how can anyone be sure.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:34 PM

This afternoon I have shopped in M & S, and then on to Iceland.
No staff in either of those shops were wearing masks.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

In Spain you have to wear one at all times .

If you don’t tough you have to stay in !

Makes sense, if your health is poor why take the risk.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

23-09-2020, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Companies probably cannot force them to wear one and leave the decision to the individual.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 04:49 PM

I noticed all the staff in Tesco were wearing masks on Monday evening when we went for our weekly shop. Maybe their policy has tightened up at our Tesco.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am surprised everyone is wearing them in shops here except the cash out people but they are behind screens .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-09-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
If you have no face covering then you are at risk of contracting or unknowingly spreading Covid. Unless tested how can anyone be sure.
Absolutely ,
You may be asymptomatic and be spreading germs all around .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

23-09-2020, 07:19 PM

This is the conundrum, nothing can be mandatory unless it applies to everyone.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2020, 07:32 PM

I don't like wearing masks as they make my nose run for some reason but if it means its keeping others safe then I'll wear one. I understand some people just simply cannot wear them because they find them too claustrophobic or they feel they cannot breathe properly and other conditions that make wearing a mask impossible. These people are genuinely exempt and shouldn't be made to feel bad. It is the rebellions that get my goat, they just don't seem to care and they make me cross.
Mask wearing is like Brexit caused a divide for sure.

Where I live we are under lockdown again so we need people to pull together, again, please don't misunderstand me, I don't mean the people exempt. But if mask wearing can give the slightest miniscule chance that it may help stop the spread then I do so wish people would take heed and at least try.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top