Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 06:54 PM

Re: Covid A New Approach

NB they did isolate many ITU staff during the lockdown first wave. I know someone whose daughter was staying in a hotel with many other medics because she had family at home who were at risk. Many of these clinicians didn't see family for months.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I had better drop out of this thead, there is something wrong with my connection at the mo, and I am spoiling it for everyone else - sorry.

If possible Mods, please can you remove all my rubbish on here? I have taken up half the thread with errors. Thank you.
Thanks for that Mups, l thought my connection was the one
playing up? 😁😁
Never mind, we can start fresh tommorrow !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 11:27 AM

I've always thought this was the way to go Swim, all viruses are defeated this way. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow allowing some people to die, but if the virus runs amok it will only produce the same outcome eventually because you are extending it's lifespan by trying to prevent it from spreading.

The only way to lessen the amount of mortality is to protect the elderly and those medically compromised, until enough fit people have contracted the virus and created a wall and left it nowhere to go. There are many more people survive the virus, than die or suffer long term complications.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've always thought this was the way to go Swim, all viruses are defeated this way. I know it's a bitter pill to swallow allowing some people to die, but if the virus runs amok it will only produce the same outcome eventually because you are extending it's lifespan by trying to prevent it from spreading.

The only way to lessen the amount of mortality is to protect the elderly and those medically compromised, until enough fit people have contracted the virus and created a wall and left it nowhere to go. There are many more people survive the virus, than die or suffer long term complications.
Exactly that OGF !
Us old geezers must just keep out of the way for a couple of years,
and let everybody else get on with life!!
Open the nightingales for serious cases keeping the general
hospitals exclusively for non corona issues !!
No more debating, just get on with it !!

Donkeyman! 😷😷😷
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 01:53 PM

Swim, what interests me is why all the other mutated viruses, like bird flu, could be traced to where they began but apart from knowing the early cases were in Wuhan & it had mutated from a virus that attacked bats, nobody has produced any good reason of how & when it became able to attack humans.
The CCP are not stupid, so unlikely to use it in biological warfare, but they would be aware of the problems it would cause to Capitalist countries economies! If people in those countries became poorer where would they go to buy cheaper goods? Maybe a country that has too many people ( so wouldn't mind losing a few) yet have enough control over it citizens to make them work harder to produce more goods at a cheap price.

For those who think this is unlikely, remember back to the 1980's when places like the USA tried to persuade us that computers would do the work of people & how many unemployed were created over 30 years. The USA became a very wealthy country so why wouldn't China want to try their own methods to become wealthy?
Communist countries say they provide for all.... but I always wonder why their leaders live a much better life & maintain their power over the rest of the population!

Since Muslims claimed that every person should become Muslim because Islam should be the only religion, perhaps China decided that everybody should become Communist so eventually control of all people would be theirs.
I know people will think this is rubbish, but when power is what every country seeks, couldn't it be true?

Perhaps I should write a book about it, because I really believe that our freedom to choose is disappearing and one day we will be totally controlled! Many other authors have felt the way I do!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim, what interests me is why all the other mutated viruses, like bird flu, could be traced to where they began but apart from knowing the early cases were in Wuhan & it had mutated from a virus that attacked bats, nobody has produced any good reason of how & when it became able to attack humans.
The CCP are not stupid, so unlikely to use it in biological warfare, but they would be aware of the problems it would cause to Capitalist countries economies! If people in those countries became poorer where would they go to buy cheaper goods? Maybe a country that has too many people ( so wouldn't mind losing a few) yet have enough control over it citizens to make them work harder to produce more goods at a cheap price.

For those who think this is unlikely, remember back to the 1980's when places like the USA tried to persuade us that computers would do the work of people & how many unemployed were created over 30 years. The USA became a very wealthy country so why wouldn't China want to try their own methods to become wealthy?
Communist countries say they provide for all.... but I always wonder why their leaders live a much better life & maintain their power over the rest of the population!

Since Muslims claimed that every person should become Muslim because Islam should be the only religion, perhaps China decided that everybody should become Communist so eventually control of all people would be theirs.
I know people will think this is rubbish, but when power is what every country seeks, couldn't it be true?

Perhaps I should write a book about it, because I really believe that our freedom to choose is disappearing and one day we will be totally controlled! Many other authors have felt the way I do!
Hi

I don't think you are talking rubbish, you make some very valid points, particularly in your last paragraph, which I think is spot on.

Also, you are right about Chinese Expansionism.

We will never agree on the Virus itself.

Viruses jump from animals to humans from time to time and not just in China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marbur...ly%20dangerous.

Ebola is another one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola#...nd%20headaches.

Bats of various kinds seem particularly prone to carrying such diseases which are transmissible to humans.

There is even a risk of transmission here in the UK.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ler-virus.html

Bushmeat is more widespread than you think.

It was being barbequed at a large party where I worked.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 05:55 PM

My thoughts about the virus came from a report I read that said people from labs in Wuhan had told him they had experimented & found a way to make it possible to allow this virus to attach to human A proteins. They would not give their names, for fear of what would happen, but they did name the people involved in the experiments.
Of course it could have been the journalist that was lying, but he did give the name of one lady scientist involved... but only after he had left China!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2020, 08:27 PM

Thought you might find this interesting....

https://gbdeclaration.org/

The Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

08-10-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thought you might find this interesting....

https://gbdeclaration.org/

The Great Barrington Declaration

As infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.

Coming from both the left and right, and around the world, we have devoted our careers to protecting people. Current lockdown policies are producing devastating effects on short and long-term public health. The results (to name a few) include lower childhood vaccination rates, worsening cardiovascular disease outcomes, fewer cancer screenings and deteriorating mental health – leading to greater excess mortality in years to come, with the working class and younger members of society carrying the heaviest burden. Keeping students out of school is a grave injustice.

Keeping these measures in place until a vaccine is available will cause irreparable damage, with the underprivileged disproportionately harmed.

Fortunately, our understanding of the virus is growing. We know that vulnerability to death from COVID-19 is more than a thousand-fold higher in the old and infirm than the young. Indeed, for children, COVID-19 is less dangerous than many other harms, including influenza.

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

The most compassionate approach that balances the risks and benefits of reaching herd immunity, is to allow those who are at minimal risk of death to live their lives normally to build up immunity to the virus through natural infection, while better protecting those who are at highest risk. We call this Focused Protection.

I could'nt put it better myself OGF!

Donkeyman! 👍😀👍
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2020, 07:07 AM

Hi

These Regional Lockdowns are causing huge problems, not only for the economy but also for those with health problems not being diagnosed or treated.

The present policy of closing down huge parts of the country when cases rise above an arbitrary number is simply not working.

Shropshire is a big county, it is classed as part of the West Midlands, but it totally different to Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc.

Our infection rates are rising, but far lower than those in the cities.

We have a lot of detailed knowledge of where these cases are, they are not general, they are concentrated around 3 nursing homes and one part of Whitchurch.

Why not use that knowledge to have very localised lockdowns, allowing the rest of the County to get on with life?

It would be much cheaper to do this.

In the area of Shrewsbury where I live there were only 3 new cases in the last week, out of a population of 11,000.

Very little chance of getting infected.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top