Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Re: UK Weather forecast for the next month

You would of thought as the weather was forecasted that they would of moved them closer to the farm house and barns . Trouble is with conpensation is it gives them less insentive to look after them as well as they could of .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 02:30 PM

I thought the same there Bags - they must have known the snow was on its way....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
I thought the same there Bags - they must have known the snow was on its way....
Yes Pat darlin' - but not the depth of it - as I said, some of the snow drifts are more than 15 feet deep!!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 02:37 PM

Yes - I see Joe....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 05:17 PM

While at the cash point yesterday, an old lady was wearing a jacket and dress, no scarf, no gloves The wind was bitter and I was muffled up.
My own mum wouldn't have died of cold .. we made sure she was warm.
I wonder what they are spending their winter fuel allowance on! I do remember mum's cleaner saying she spent hers on Christmas presents!
I hope no pensioners on here would be silly enough to turn their heating down to save money.

I thought it was common for sheep to be brought to a field close to the farmyard where the shepherd can keep an eye on them during lambing.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2013, 06:03 PM

I am lucky, I rarely feel the cold, unlike my old mum who would have asked for a cardigan and complained of the draft in the middle of the sahara. My heating is rarely on for more than one or two hours a day - just to take the initial chill off - and my bedroom window is always open - my son says it is an ice box in there and refuses to come in. I reckon it is down to body fat ahem.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
I am lucky, I rarely feel the cold, unlike my old mum who would have asked for a cardigan and complained of the draft in the middle of the sahara. My heating is rarely on for more than one or two hours a day - just to take the initial chill off - and my bedroom window is always open - my son says it is an ice box in there and refuses to come in. I reckon it is down to body fat ahem.
Not true Des darlin' - I can't sleep in a too warm bedroom either and I absolutely MUST have a window open (summer and winter) irrespective of rain, snow, hail, sleet or frost.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top