Join for free
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 05:06 PM

Face Transplantation

I wasn't really sure what category to put this in but I'll try here.

What do you think about this procedure?

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blo...ethical-debate
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 05:11 PM

Re: Face Transplantation

There have been a couple of face transplants here that have been successful.
I think its wonderful .......
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 05:37 PM

Sick Children's Hospital in Toronto which is world renowned for helping children from all over the world, are dealing with ethics concerning face transplants in children. The face has to come from a deceased child & would any parent make such a donation?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Sick Children's Hospital in Toronto which is world renowned for helping children from all over the world, are dealing with ethics concerning face transplants in children. The face has to come from a deceased child & would any parent make such a donation?
Why not gal - the face is of no use - its the soul that matters and that's eternal ......
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-06-2014, 05:48 PM

That's what I believe too of course, even our animals when they go but still, it would be very eerie & upsetting if a guy down the road had the face of my husband & I had to see him at times. Pretty upsetting for sure.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

27-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
That's what I believe too of course, even our animals when they go but still, it would be very eerie & upsetting if a guy down the road had the face of my husband & I had to see him at times. Pretty upsetting for sure.
I'm pretty sure, the end result is not an 'exact' match .....
Plus have you never seen an eerie likeness of your Hubs or even yourself, I have - more than once.
Too many people in the world for us not to be duplicated ....
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-06-2014, 06:45 PM

Yes, Doppelgangers.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top