Join for free
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 06:35 PM

Heinz products, Iceland pricing scam.

Went into my local Iceland store today and noticed they've done a pricing scam which I've heard stores like Tesco's and Asda have done in the past.

Last week their Heinz tinned products were priced at £1. Today i noticed the price has gone up to £1.25 and the store has put an offer on 'Buy 3 for £3'. Iceland are well known for having many products at a £1 and being a regular at my local store and purchaser of Heinz products, they have been £1 for a good few years.

Scamming wotnames
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:31 PM

Re: Heinz products, Iceland pricing scam.

I used to get my shopping on line from Iceland but not any more.
A few weeks ago I got an email from them saying "Good News, £5 off your next order" but the catch was I had to spend over £50 to get it. A scam.
I am not a big eater and live on my own so my shopping bill is nowhere near £50. Even now I have to spend £35 to get free delivery. They say the charge depends how far you live from the store. I live about five miles from my nearest store.
I have had reason in the past to complain to their 'Customer Care Services' I think they should change their name to 'Customer don,t care Service'
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:40 PM

Won't touch Heinz products now

Boycotting because they make wicked biscotti biscuits for 7yr old babies that are full of sugar. Really unethical.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Won't touch Heinz products now

Boycotting because they make wicked biscotti biscuits for 7yr old babies that are full of sugar. Really unethical.

A child that can walk, talk, and has been at school for at least 2 years is not a baby!

I agree they shouldn't have loads of sugar though.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 02:51 PM

Iceland do free delivery when you buy £25 worth, is that just in store?
I have been tempted but wondered if it would then be defrosted by the time it's delivered.
I will ask next time.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 06:47 PM

I have a home delivery from Iceland once a month. You have to spend a minimum of £25 to have your groceries delivered to your home, but it is a minimum spend of £35 to have it delivered free of charge. Anything between £25 and under £35 there is a £2 delivery fee.

Must admit, don't usually buy Heinz products from Iceland, tinned goods usually go on my weekly shop with either Sainsburys or Tesco, (depending what offers are on).

Any frozen goods are always still frozen when delivered.
I usually stock up with their Birds Eye Gastro range of Cod and Haddock, which were always "buy 2 for £5" when they were £4 each at all the other supermarkets. That was a good saving, but they have recently put the price up of each now £3.75 or "2 for £6" so don't buy as many. Plus their part-baked baguettes and strength 5 mature Cheddar Cheese. I don't buy much else from them. I just make sure I buy the above when running very low on them, to ensure I spend £35 or as near as possible to that, once a month.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top