Join for free
Page 338 of 370 « First < 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 12:07 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I set a new personal worst this morning for my five miler.
Felt alright and enjoyed the run but the time was atrocious.
Just the odd spot of rain but not heavy enough to warrant the waterproof top, which was just as well really because it turned out to be on the warm side. So despite my best attempts to rekindle some of the old fire in my legs I must, for now, be content just to go out for the fresh air....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 04:19 AM

Now here I was, thinking I was about to read about OGF's personal best, only to arrive at the word "worst" and have my illusions pop like a balloon.

No matter, OGF, we have to have the bad days so we can feel so much better on the good. Any day out there is better than any day in there, so you have indeed managed that one small victory. I can't say that I can compare my outing to any of my better records, but I will blame that on some nasty headwinds.

Tomorrow is another day!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2019, 12:00 PM

Fear not Surfermom, I presented myself out into a cold (2*C but not frosty) clear morning and ran out of my socks.... Although not a best time, you would have to go back to October 8th this year to find one better...Just something strange happened and the muscles kept churning out the miles without getting tired.

Was it something I ate that provided this surge of speed, or was it something that I have been eating that is bad and doing me no good and preventing one....
I guess I'll never know, if I did, all my runs would be best times....
And like you say Surfermom, if you don't ever have a slow run, how would you know when you are having a fast one....

edit:- I was going to put "If you don't ever have a bad run" but I realised that no run is a bad run, they're just slower.... I'm sure you get the idea...
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 03:43 AM

Thanks you guys. I wish I could post more often. Maybe I will from now on.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 09:03 AM

Walked 3 miles along the river bank this morning - a bit dark and gloomy - not much wildlife about - not many tame humans around either. Well ... it was only 5:0am.

Am still doing the daily flexibility/stamina exercises from the diabetes prevention programme - still 20 repeats of each. Not planning on increasing the repeats. Sufficient unto the day - and all that jazz.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2019, 02:42 PM

ST, I am thrilled you are staying with it! That's a very respectable distance! You are wise to hold on your reps for a while. One of the biggest mistakes that people make when starting a new regimen is to do too much too fast, which can leave you sore, tired, and unhappy. 20 is just fine!

OGF, I knew you would be burning down the barn once again, but I didn't expect it so quickly. I too am noticing that the hills on my pace calendar are starting to look like a bit of a roller coaster. No matter; the only race I am in is the one against myself.

It's still warm here, so I have one more season before driving to KS tomorrow. It's going to be an insanely busy three weeks before Christmas, but it all happens after I get that daily run completed. Ho ho ho!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2019, 10:22 PM

Just popping in as I do from time to time. Nice to see the thread is ticking over okay with a couple of extra mentions from Tabs and Bratti too keep up the good work all Tachyon - everything okay with you bud. Please give us a heads up on that if you can mate

After just over a week since my second and final operation, and feeling particularly groggy in the first few days, I have recovered quite rapidly all of a sudden. I have a few little twinges and niggles mostly from the incisions on my stomach this time but everything is healing up nicely.
I have been adding touches to a revised training regime that will see me back keeping fit and losing the rather alarming belly expansion that I have accumulated from lack of exercise sooner than I thought. Even though my diet has been pretty good, it still piles on the weight sitting around through being unable to be as active as normal.

So with that in mind, I'm giving it one more week of rest before I plan to get myself back into some kind of routine once more.

I have a weekly plan drawn up which should hopefully comprise the following:
2 outdoor jogging - one field, one pavement.
1 cardio (treadmill/bike)
2 light-ish weights (high reps/tension) - 1 upper body, 1 legs

That is my goal, although I may not fit them all into one week to begin with. It may run over 8-9 days or thereabouts until I see my fitness coming back.

I intend to provisionally start this with some gym cardio and weights next week followed by my first outdoors running a week later, interspersed with the other routines. After that, i.e. my third week I should be performing the five sessions Mon-Sun, depending on other plans and work (when I get back). That's the plan anyway.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 07:31 AM

I know I'm unfit. Since April when I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica my fitness has gone down the drain.

Now I'm on steroids and the pain is under control I know I have to do something.

I already go to the gym with my friend but we only do the lightweight stuff - mostly the rowing machine as we can sit down & natter while we row.

I also go to a fitness class for over 50's but it hardly raises the heart rate.

With this in mind I've added my own exercise - 4 times a week I do a circular walk from my house which takes about 40 minutes. It includes walking up a massive hill and that hill is more exercise than everything else I do put together.

I have to stop twice on the hill for a breather and my aim is to walk up it without stopping. Then I'll know my fitness has improved.

I like to think it's not too late to gain a bit of fitness back...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I know I'm unfit. Since April when I developed Polymyalgia Rheumatica my fitness has gone down the drain.

Now I'm on steroids and the pain is under control I know I have to do something.

I already go to the gym with my friend but we only do the lightweight stuff - mostly the rowing machine as we can sit down & natter while we row.

I also go to a fitness class for over 50's but it hardly raises the heart rate.

With this in mind I've added my own exercise - 4 times a week I do a circular walk from my house which takes about 40 minutes. It includes walking up a massive hill and that hill is more exercise than everything else I do put together.

I have to stop twice on the hill for a breather and my aim is to walk up it without stopping. Then I'll know my fitness has improved.

I like to think it's not too late to gain a bit of fitness back...
Hi Carol.
That's the spirit, gal!
You are exercising whatever the level. You are doing a hell of a lot more exercise than many millions of other people whatever their age, who simply lounge around, pile weight on and become a burden for the NHS. You should be proud of your achievements and it's great we see you in this thread (that so many dismiss as "being boring" then talk all the time of their cooking pies and baking) to note your daily exercise.

I think you are doing extremely well, especially as you have to cope with a painful injury too. Long may you run! (or walk)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:36 AM

Floydy, instead of running down people on here and others who don’t do a lot of exercise, please take into consideration their age and their general health. Being debilitated yourself for a couple of months, you should realise what it is like. Fortunately you have recovered but others are not so lucky.

Page 338 of 370 « First < 238 288 328 336 337 338 339 340 348 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top