Join for free
Page 60 of 95 « First < 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:28 PM

Re: What book are you reading now?

I've started back on my Rebus Books. At the moment it's one called "Let it Bleed"
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just starting a new book.

How to find a Forum without Conspiracy Theories.
Saintdave
New Member!
Sydney Australia
Saintdave is male 

18-01-2019, 12:40 PM

Roxy- good choice. I've loved Rankin/Rebus from day one. However, I think it's time to retire John for good. Perhaps concentrate on Siobahn Clarke. It pains me to say it, but his last 2 Rebus' have been weak. I'm currently reading Swedish Ake Edwardson- Inspector Winter.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:06 PM

I just finished Waiting For Eden by Elliot Ackerman.

A piercingly insightful read, grabs you from page 1 and won't put it down until you are finished. Makes you look at life from a different perspective, in all it's grief and pain.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:09 PM

I am re-reading Jilly Coopers The Common Years. I love this book & can imagine myself walking the commons, Putney & Barnes,with her all those years ago.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Saintdave ->
Roxy- good choice. I've loved Rankin/Rebus from day one. However, I think it's time to retire John for good. Perhaps concentrate on Siobahn Clarke. It pains me to say it, but his last 2 Rebus' have been weak. I'm currently reading Swedish Ake Edwardson- Inspector Winter.
The latest ones were mostly about DI Clark and Rebus being taken on as an advisor, they were hysterical at times I thought. As for his best pals act with Big Ger Cafferty, we'll now, that's a whole different story.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2019, 11:54 PM

Suicide of the West: How the Rebirth of Tribalism, Populism, Nationalism, and Identity Politics is Destroying American Democracy
by Jonah Goldberg (Author)

Just a few reviews:

“An absolutely magnificent book! Jonah Goldberg is brilliant – both in his intellect and in his writing. Amusing, terrifying, informative and thought-provoking, Suicide of the West is an intellectual oasis of hope in a desert of self-destructive ignorance.”
—Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Spymaster

“Jonah Goldberg’s Suicide of the West is a tour de force. As ever, Goldberg wears his extraordinary erudition lightly as he demonstrates how the ideas that have animated free societies for the past 250 years are the greatest creations of humankind—and how we are imperiling our posterity by the way we mishandle, ignore, and belittle them. This is a very important book.”
—John Podhoretz, Editor, Commentary Magazine

“When future archeologists are digging through our ruins and asking, as they will ask, ‘What the hell were they thinking?’ I hope they come upon a copy of Suicide of the West, and that it is only slightly charred from the bonfire into which the mad idiot ideologues of our time are sure to cast it.”
—Kevin Williamson, National Review correspondent
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 07:28 PM

Should I get myself a Kindle Reader? I am an ardent bookworm and read every day. I like books with stories of county life in Victorian and Edwardian times, fact and fiction. I buy books from Amazon and Ebay. The last book I bought (Two Farms by Mary Pearce) cost 90p but the postage and packing was £!.90. which has made me think. Am I wasting my money paying for these books? Should I invest in a Kindle Reader?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 07:59 PM

Re-reading The Skies Of Pern by Anne McCaffrey.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:45 PM

Blue Gold by Clive Cussler, only just started reading so can't give an opinion

Page 60 of 95 « First < 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top