Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Re: Save Money when you have a Smart Meter

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No solar panels on our estate Bruce, so it’s immaterial.
I seem to recall the government taking away the real incentive to have solar panels some time ago? Prior to that solar panels seemed to have been installed on rooftops everywhere, now all that appears to have stopped, I wonder why that was?

People getting too much out of it perhaps?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No solar panels on our estate Bruce, so it’s immaterial.
You don't need solar panels to save money with a smart meter. Power companies don't like them and had to be ordered to install them when demanded

AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 10:38 AM

I think there was another smart metre thread but I could not find it. I recently tried to change our energy tariff and they are now forcing you to agree to a smart metre in order to take advantage of offers. This is totally wrong.

I found this article today about non-smart metered providers, but have not heard of any of these companies so wondered whether anyone here has used them :

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...Psdx2AJd3tf0eY
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 10:45 AM

The smart move is not to have one, love to see them try and fit one here. What people don't realise that if you change the supply company you have to have a new meter and you pay for it
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The smart move is not to have one, love to see them try and fit one here. What people don't realise that if you change the supply company you have to have a new meter and you pay for it

It's a real scam which means we now have no choice at all! Apparently you can say you don't want one after changing tariff, but the tariff says you are agreeing to one. This is totally outrageous.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a real scam which means we now have no choice at all! Apparently you can say you don't want one after changing tariff, but the tariff says you are agreeing to one. This is totally outrageous.
The choice is there – don't be bullied into accepting this, go elsewhere. If enough people boycott these companies they will suffer a lack of customers meaning less profits. Money talks, especially the lack of it by way of profits. They will quite quickly have to stop this way of forcing people into accepting that which they do not want.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 11:38 AM

Hi

The new ones are industry standard, so no problem swapping suppliers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The new ones are industry standard, so no problem swapping suppliers.
I still don't want one and will not be bullied into having one - ever!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I still don't want one and will not be bullied into having one - ever!

Hear hear, Tabby.

I feel exactly the same as you - and have told 'em to stop pestering me about it too!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

16-12-2019, 05:18 PM

I was reading that one of the companies on the list is being bullied by Offgem for not rolling out smart metres. We are being bullied as customers into installing these nasty contraptions because otherwise we will end up paying a fortune in rubbish tariffs. There is hardly any choice if you don't want a metre. I'm worried going to a small provider. They often have poor reviews and they may go out of business. Then if we try to go back to one of the big six I bet they will make it conditional on having the horrid thing. I've only just managed to get rid of the annoying phone calls trying to persuade you to install a metre.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top