Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:13 AM

Re: Not easy being American with Trump

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Trump has now suggested nuking hurricanes before than make landfall, what a clever idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can see only a few problems with nukes though the for small tactile devices with a yield of less than I kt (the smallest in my day used to be .01 kt!) and with very low levels of residual active material.

So although the idea seems preposterous at first site it's not, the only open questions really are firstly would it work, and secondly how many devices would be needed to disrupt the hurricane "engine".

FTR - I mentioned "in my day". The first job I had after graduation was in a lab that engaged in the R & D of nuclear devices that go bang. I left that job after 3 weeks, I don't have much when it comes to morality but just didn't feel comfortable there.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:24 AM

To be perfectly honest, I'm afraid I don't understand how a small 'tactile' (I think I'd feel even the smallest one!) nuclear explosion could disrupt a developing hurricane, though I'd be interested to learn how the concept works.

As for the morality of nuclear weapons, I see them as essential!

Since the first ones were developed toward the end of the Second World War, they have always been an undeniable factor in all our lives.

On the basis that they cannot possibly be 'uninvented' now, it is essential that we need a balance in order to maintain our safety. (MAD)

Even if, somehow, every nuclear-capable nation could agree to destroy them all - every single one, there remains the distinct possibility that someone, somewhere will then construct a new one... and another, and another.

You can't destroy knowledge.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 11:53 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49471093
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the link.

Started reading and almost straight away this came up

President Donald Trump wanted to explore the option.

Your post 98 you said this.

Trump has now suggested nuking hurricanes before than make landfall.

Love the way you lefties twist things
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 01:47 PM

With a name like `Trump`, you'd think he'd be able to stop the hurricanes by himself.
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 02:42 PM

Ah, so the trump-opposers are called ´lefties´ now...

I suppose it is not too bad, better a ´leftie´ than to belong to trumps ´fine people´.

But he knows how to promote his own hotels, that I must give him.
trump has repeatedly been accused of financially profiting from being president of the United States.

But since he cannot be indicted as long as he is president he is making most of it while he can.

I sure hope he will pay the price one day...

"BIARRITZ, France, Aug 26 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he would probably host next year’s Group of Seven summit of developed world leaders at one of his own properties - the Trump National Doral golf resort in Miami."
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0b59d2577aec7
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Annette ->
Ah, so the trump-opposers are called ´lefties´ now...

I suppose it is not too bad, better a ´leftie´ than to belong to trumps ´fine people´.

But he knows how to promote his own hotels, that I must give him.
trump has repeatedly been accused of financially profiting from being president of the United States.

But since he cannot be indicted as long as he is president he is making most of it while he can.

I sure hope he will pay the price one day...

"BIARRITZ, France, Aug 26 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he would probably host next year’s Group of Seven summit of developed world leaders at one of his own properties - the Trump National Doral golf resort in Miami."
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0b59d2577aec7
Annette

Nice to see you posting on this site...and I do mean that.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 04:52 PM

Far better to be considered left wing than someone who supports that dangerous White House goon.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2019, 05:06 PM

Far better to be considered left wing than someone who supports that dangerous White House goon.
This POTUS is certainly no politician but that is no bad thing. He is however a very astute businessman which after the terrible things that The Dems have done to the USA is very necessary if there is to be any chance of pulling the country out of the state of being on a handcart to hell.

In some respects he is a latter-day Margaret Thatcher and that can never be a bad thing.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

26-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Like this lot of Trump haters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUu46J_OHQ4

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top