Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 09:35 AM

Bercow constituency

Imagine how frustrated they have felt over the years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50320790
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 10:30 AM

Re: Bercow constituency

I turely beleive that a more odious peacetime arsehole never walked this earth. It's time that cretin faced up to his numerous mistakes and apologised to all concerned!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:00 AM

What a strange law that directly flies in the face of democracy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 11:56 AM

Hi

Anyone who criticises Bercow has never come across the Elite.

A compliant Speaker is not what we need.

Corbyn with a compliant Speaker would be the end of Democracy.

We would be a Marxist State.

That is not going to happen, I will fight that with every breath in my body

I am left of Centre, I will happily pay more Tax.

Corbyn is simply a No No.

He is a Terrorist Supporter, the man who thought it was right to target my kids on a School Outing.

He can sod off.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2019, 12:58 PM

From article: People would vote for Mr Bercow thinking they were voting Conservative, but they didn't realise that, as Speaker, he no longer represented the party.The problem didn't stop at elections, but also between elections the Speaker didn't vote in Parliament "so effectively we're not represented.

"There's a lot of things that need modernising in Parliament and this is certainly one of them. It's a sham."
A voter has started a campaign called "Give us a voice, not a Speaker" and another like myself, has always voted in elections, but was unsure what to do this time around, although she was leaning towards spoiling her ballot.

Change will only come about if voters make a nuisance of themselves, until our politicians take the electorate seriously.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top