Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 10:52 PM

Re: Is this a scam?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I checked the link Mart gave, and also looked at Microsoft website - yes, I have accepted the link - and my test email has now appeared. Will run a virus check - just in case - and keep a close eye on things.

Thanks Mart, and everyone for your replies.
It might have reset your defaults Tabby....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 11:08 PM

Re: Is this a scam?

I suspected by the wording it might have been a Windows message. If it is, I reckon it could have been worded better.

I think it's just saying that if you decide to use the Windows App, this is what it can do. The user is the person that makes the actions and the Mail app is the middle-man that needs the OK to do it.

I notice in the thread linked to, it looks like you'd have to give the Mail app permission or Gmail won't work. I also found this to be the case when setting up the account in the Windows Mail app.

Are you using the Mail app ST? If you are unhappy about giving it access to Gmail, you should be able to log into Gmail using any browser without getting the message.

EDIT: I just saw your last reply ST.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top