Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 09:13 PM

Gmail 'split pane mode'

Only just started using this. When I use split pane and click on an email, I can preview the content on the right. When I collapse the 'split pane mode', I notice that the email I just previewed is no longer in bold type. Is that correct? Can I be sure that I have read the email without actually opening it?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 09:23 PM

Re: Gmail 'split pane mode'

This is a helpful article:

https://www.howtogeek.com/411611/how...-preview-pane/

Extract:

When you’ve got the preview pane enabled, an additional option becomes available. Head to the Settings cog, click “Settings,” and in the General tab that opens there will be a new Preview Pane option about 2/3 of the way down.

The Preview Pane option

This option lets you choose when a mail is marked as read if you’re viewing it in the preview pane. The options are:

Immediately
After 1 second
After 3 seconds (this is the default)
After 20 seconds
Never
Choose whichever option you want, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Save Changes” to return to the Inbox. This setting only has an effect when you have the preview pane enabled and have chosen either Vertical or Horizontal split. If you disable the preview pane functionality, this option will disappear.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2019, 09:29 PM

Re: Gmail 'split pane mode'

Originally Posted by Omah ->
This is a helpful article:

https://www.howtogeek.com/411611/how...-preview-pane/

Extract:

Got it! Thanks. I suppose it is best to mark as read or delete it if it looks suspect of course.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top