Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 02:46 AM

Why is BBC iPlayer Downloads causing high CPU usage on my computer?

While I was investigating another BBC iPlayer problem, I noticed that I was also experiecing this one .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/i.../ipd-cpu-usage

Download | Under investigation

*** November 2019 ***

We're aware that, for some users, the BBC iPlayer Downloads application is causing higher than normal CPU usage during the downloading process.

We're working on making some changes to the application to resolve this, but in the meantime, we suggest these steps:

1. Open the Task Manager
2. Kill all "BBCiPlayerDownloads" and "BBC iPlayer Downloads" processes
3. Relaunch the app

If you're not sure how to follow steps 1 and 2, just switch off your computer, restart it, then relaunch the BBC iPlayer Downloads application.

We'll update this page with any further information.
CPU usage had shot up to 100% .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 12:37 PM

Re: Why is BBC iPlayer Downloads causing high CPU usage on my computer?

Originally Posted by Omah ->
While I was investigating another BBC iPlayer problem, I noticed that I was also experiecing this one .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/i.../ipd-cpu-usage

CPU usage had shot up to 100% .....
Blimey! That's high. It always took so long to download iplayer programmes, that I did it during the day when I was busy with other things. I stream it on my Roku now so it is instant and have not had any buffering so far.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 01:06 PM

Re: Why is BBC iPlayer Downloads causing high CPU usage on my computer?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Blimey! That's high. It always took so long to download iplayer programmes, that I did it during the day when I was busy with other things. I stream it on my Roku now so it is instant and have not had any buffering so far.
My PC was smokin' .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top