Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 05:59 PM

Re: Olympus XD to SD card reader.

Update. FAIL. I tried connecting the camera to the laptop, but it was not seen. BAH!
So now I have ordered (eBay) a all in 1 card reader. So plan Z is just see if this works.
The cost of the reader was £3.95. Yea I know cheap. But it does take XD and all other cards. Also comes with USB lead.🤪🤪
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Update. FAIL. I tried connecting the camera to the laptop, but it was not seen. BAH!
So now I have ordered (eBay) a all in 1 card reader. So plan Z is just see if this works.
The cost of the reader was £3.95. Yea I know cheap. But it does take XD and all other cards. Also comes with USB lead.🤪🤪
That's strange. I also have an Olympus and I connect via a cable to the laptop USB. Silly question but did you look in 'This computer' to see of it was listed? Sometimes it doesn't open on its own (win10)
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 08:44 PM

It is ‘This PC’ but it is not seen. on the camera it gives the option of ‘ PC’, click on that and it saying ‘One moment’ still waiting for something to happen.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2019, 11:22 AM

It seems to be a common problem and likely to be a software problem or a damaged cable. I', m not sure I would want to start messing around with the software either so I reckon the card reader is the best way to go.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top