Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 11:51 AM

Re: Britain’s Got Talent

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So the old chap, Colin Thackery won.
I have never seen Simon look so pleased!

I thought all three of the finalists were very good, but I am glad the old chap won because the younger people can try again other years, but at nearly 90, Colin probably won't have that opportunity.

I thought he was a sweetheart, and deserved it, though surerly they won't expect him to go on tour and plan a hectic year ahead like the winners usually do?
He deserves to be happy and proud of himself, but I hope they look after him.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...-2019-16245016
I agree with all you say, Mups.
I was glad Colin won, he's lovely & just the right act to be in the Royal Variety show.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 12:52 PM

Old Colin will make a Christmas CD with all the war songs on it. He will still be dressed in his long red coat surrounded by poppies. Then he will disappear to live in the Bahamas with a 21 year old dolly bird who’s helping his spend his £250,000.

I wanted the magician Ben Hart to win....the eyes, the eyes. I felt hypnotised.
For me, he was a great example of what ‘charisma’ means.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Old Colin will make a Christmas CD with all the war songs on it. He will still be dressed in his long red coat surrounded by poppies. Then he will disappear to live in the Bahamas with a 21 year old dolly bird who’s helping his spend his £250,000.

I liked him too, he was very good too
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 01:30 PM

I think most of the finalists wil do something good after. They were all talented in their own fields.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I think most of the finalists wil do something good after. They were all talented in their own fields.
I agree with Tiffany.
Remember - Susan Boyle was a runner up and so I think was Olly Murs..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

03-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I agree with Tiffany.
Remember - Susan Boyle was a runner up and so I think was Olly Murs..
Yes, they both were.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2019, 11:54 PM

Yes, I agree that young man Ben Hart had something about him, good looking lad as well as good at what he did.

But the way I look at it is, the young ones have their whole life yet to make something of themselves, but this will be the old chap's final chance no doubt.

Singing for the Queen meant everything to him, and I doubt that has quite the same meaning to the youngsters, do you think?
I am glad he will have his wish come true at last.
I felt quite emotional at his reaction when he won.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Sympathy vote?
I think so too Judd.

Colin really doesn't represent 'the best British talent' for me.
It wouldn't be so bad if he was singing for someone from his own generation like the Queen but the royals at the RVP are represented by the younger generation these days like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Maybe the Queen watches at home but somehow I doubt it after years have having to sit through hours of mediocrity.
Colin is more suited to the Festival of Remembrance which as a Chelsea Pensioner he no doubt attends anyway.

I understand Colin is donating the £250,000 prize money to Royal Chelsea Hospital so that is a good outcome but it would also have been useful to some young act just starting out in life,
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

04-06-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think so too Judd.

Colin really doesn't represent 'the best British talent' for me.
It wouldn't be so bad if he was singing for someone from his own generation like the Queen but the royals at the RVP are represented by the younger generation these days like the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Maybe the Queen watches at home but somehow I doubt it after years have having to sit through hours of mediocrity.
Colin is more suited to the Festival of Remembrance which as a Chelsea Pensioner he no doubt attends anyway.

I understand Colin is donating the £250,000 prize money to Royal Chelsea Hospital so that is a good outcome but it would also have been useful to some young act just starting out in life,
I don't agree, Colin's life is almost over & he served his country, the younger acts lives are just begining, they have plenty of time to make good. Colin not & he deserves this day.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 12:29 PM

It isn't a programme I would normally watch ( mainly because I always feel it is just keeping the 4 idiot judges in a job ) but I did see Colin sing twice, whilst waiting for another programme on a different channel.

I have to admit that he had a pleasant voice & the emotion in his songs did bring a tear to my eyes. Having not seen most of the others, I can't judge if he was the best, but it did make me smile that an elderly man had won the opportunity to sing for the Queen.... so I wish him well.

I really do hope he makes a Christmas CD, with all the war songs on it, because it will remind us all that, the men who fought in the war, risked their lives to make sure that all of us kept our freedom to live.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top