Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 01:18 PM

Re: Where do you stand on this?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks. I think that some people just like an argument!
JBR, l agree with you about BMW drivers!
I have previously mentioned on here that BMW drivers are usually aggressive, especially the women!
The women l have known of, were very aggressive and you wouldn’t mess with them..... unless you wanted to be knocked out!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 01:29 PM

Wow!..I will take all of what y'all say about Beamers and Britain as read. It's a long time since I lived there. I haven't seen any Subaru's going crazy. Must be a "Gong" thing Bruce. The middle eastern lads in the inner south west like the BMWs I know that. But mostly they seem to like to just cruise and "be seen" and heard with their doof doof subwoofers. The hoons on the Central Coast seem to like the Muscle V8s.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have previously mentioned on here that BMW drivers are usually aggressive, especially the women!
The women l have known of, were very aggressive and you wouldn’t mess with them..... unless you wanted to be knocked out!
Yes, I've met a few women like that!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 02:25 PM

Ahhh, you've met Mrs Fox then Arty.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 02:27 PM

JBR and Foxy, They are She-Devils!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
In order to reduce the road toll NSW banned learners and young P platers from driving V8s and sports vehicles. I can't remember the exact legislation but is used to be a rite of passage for a 17 year old boy who had just passed his driving test to go out and buy an old 6 litre V8 Holden/Ford banger.

BMWs are just expensive toy cars, Subaru WRXs are the hoons car of choice these days.
I think the authorities here should look at adopting a similar idea Bruce, I think they already do it with motorcycles, and new drivers should be taught the difference between front and rear wheel drive. Totally different handling techniques especially in bad conditions.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-12-2019, 02:42 PM

JBR and Foxy, They are She-Devils!
You can say that again Arty......A woman scorned etc....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Wow!..I will take all of what y'all say about Beamers and Britain as read. It's a long time since I lived there. I haven't seen any Subaru's going crazy. Must be a "Gong" thing Bruce. The middle eastern lads in the inner south west like the BMWs I know that. But mostly they seem to like to just cruise and "be seen" and heard with their doof doof subwoofers. The hoons on the Central Coast seem to like the Muscle V8s.
You must live a very sheltered life up there in sleepy Gosford. This is from 2010

https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/...20100823-13fpy
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 01:33 PM

One of the reasons why I don't drive a "Better Make Way" car is that they are so over priced that owners have to use two parking slots, at the Supermarket, to avoid being scratched.

Also the cost of a service, e.g. a new tyre, is more than my pension.

If anyone remembers, way back when, we had "Japanese Car Syndrome" in which anyone buying the latest model felt superior to the hoy palloy!

However, judging by the very high percentage of German cars in our car parks, we are now realising that they are "common as muck" - as they say up north.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2019, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
One of the reasons why I don't drive a "Better Make Way" car is that they are so over priced that owners have to use two parking slots, at the Supermarket, to avoid being scratched.

Also the cost of a service, e.g. a new tyre, is more than my pension.

If anyone remembers, way back when, we had "Japanese Car Syndrome" in which anyone buying the latest model felt superior to the hoy palloy!

However, judging by the very high percentage of German cars in our car parks, we are now realising that they are "common as muck" - as they say up north.

There are three reasons why I don't have a BMW:
1. Too expensive.
2. Rear-wheel drive.
3. I'd be mocked and derided everywhere I go!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top