Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:27 PM

Re: Small prayer Sunday

Good to see you are safe and well Eileen.

It is easy to replace the batteries Eileen, turn your keyboar ove and you will see a place where they live, like a TV remote control.
Open the lid and you will see the batteries, make a note of the type buy some and just replace them taking note of the + _ signs.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Check your area for a store called Batteries Plus. They carry every kind of battery and will install them for you. Look online. there appears to be stores in your area.

http://www.batteriesplus.com/
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Thanks, AB, I finally remembered there was a manual that came with the new Mac (my friend set it up for me), so looked it up and found how; like many things it's easy once you know how. As a last result, consult the manual! I always keep AA and AAA batteries on hand. So all is well now!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Nice to see you're both alright Eileen & your computer is up & running.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 06:44 PM

Hi all, and especially to you Eileen, good to hear you've got through unscathed.

I'm late today because we've had the family over for my Mum's birthday. A great day was had by all, we presented her with a new flat screen television and hard drive recorder (will install it tomorrow), and a birthday cake, with not as many candles as it should have had..

The other good news is that we able to salvage some of the clean sawdust that we had put down for the occasion, and the toilet roll wasn't all used up, so we have been able to put it back in the cupboard until next time...

Enjoy what's left of the day folks..

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Eileen pleased to hear all is well and the worst of the storm has passed.
Storms always seem more scary when it is dark don't they particularly when one lives alone. I guess you will be ready for an early night tonight.

Barry sounds as though you had a good time at the birthday party. I hope your Mum likes the hard drive, I have had mine for a week and am finding it takes a bit of getting used to. I still keep forgetting the sequence of moves required to do certain things.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:31 PM

I am hopeless with technology, have a go but if it doesnt work and the little man who lives in the thing isnt working I sit down with a damp cloth on my forhead until I can go back and have another go, its incredibley hard being an Annie.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:46 PM

Barry, sounds as if a good time was had by all!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Barry, glad all went well at your Mum's birthday party
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Hello everyone, I'm not long back from a very enjoyable few days picking up bargains from several jewellery auctions around the Country, a most successful and profitable venture I must say. I will be keeping busy in the next few weeks renewing the old pieces and remounting some of the stones, work I really enjoy doing. I also picked up a nice little 1930's emerald and diamond pendant for her good self for Christmas (beats an electric kettle anyday), I got it for a song compared to its real value.
Heard about the hurricane Eileen and I'm glad you survived it well, no better Girl!.
Annie you're nearly as bad as meself with technology.
Glad the day went well Barry, you must have had that guy from the TV ad at the party...you know 'One Sheet'.
Hope you are all keeping well, and if not, get well soon.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top