Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 12:40 PM

Re: Weight losses

This is one for Nuttygran- If you think a slow metabolism may be hindering your weight loss and you can't manage exercise to speed up your metabolism.Have you tried cider vinegar as it is supposed to speed up metabolism and lower insulin production. Pectin and potassium in fruit and veg including the skins also raises metabolism. A study in Brazil has shown women who daily included apples in their diet lost more weight than women who didn't. Their is more healthy antioxidants in the skins of apples than in the flesh. Another good argument for eating the whole food.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 01:07 PM

Thanks Rueben, I am already taking green tea tablets - I can't abide the real thing - and Omega 3 capsules.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Thanks Rueben, I am already taking green tea tablets - I can't abide the real thing - and Omega 3 capsules.
I don't care for green tea either and I don't like the bitter taste if has if it has brewed for too long. Anyway keep slogging on Nuttygran and don't give in to comfort eating when you are disappointed with results. You will get there with perseverance.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
I can only think you have a stomach like a cast iron tank Uncle Joe
Yup, absolutely Rueben darlin'!!!
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2011, 05:16 PM

I read an article about Acai being helpful in weight loss so I took myself off to Holland and Barrett and bought myself a bottle of these capsules together with a bottle of Milk Thistle capsules as it it best to take them together cause the Milk Thistle is a detoxifier. Luckily, H & B have a buy one get t'other for one penny sale at the moment. Not sure if they are working or not, only been taking them for about l0 days but, together with my dropping to 1000 cals per day I have managed 6 lbs in three weeks so I am pleased with progress.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Meg25 ->
I read an article about Acai being helpful in weight loss so I took myself off to Holland and Barrett and bought myself a bottle of these capsules together with a bottle of Milk Thistle capsules as it it best to take them together cause the Milk Thistle is a detoxifier. Luckily, H & B have a buy one get t'other for one penny sale at the moment. Not sure if they are working or not, only been taking them for about l0 days but, together with my dropping to 1000 cals per day I have managed 6 lbs in three weeks so I am pleased with progress.
Oh no, no, no Meg darlin' wrong direction. Go find them choccy biscuits and cream doughnuts!!!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg25 ->
Great weight loss Meg, well done! How are you managing on 1000 calories?
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2011, 07:26 PM

Have a friend that joined slimming world and has lost a lot of weight, don't know if that info will help anyone, she said that it is not like a diet and is enjoying the classes plus enjoys meeting new friends.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

03-09-2011, 09:24 AM

Lost 1.4lb this week, I have stopped counting calories and instead eating the
Doktor Dahlqvist way. It is a bit like Atkins, Harcombe & many others but not as strict. I'd say it was semi - low carb.

Good luck to all who post later.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

03-09-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
Have a friend that joined slimming world and has lost a lot of weight, don't know if that info will help anyone, she said that it is not like a diet and is enjoying the classes plus enjoys meeting new friends.
Thank you Jean, SW does seem to help a lot of people.

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top