Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 07:29 AM

Monday a Painting day

Good morning everyone

It is a fine day here with the birds singing for their breakfast and the cry of a vixen in the woods. I thought it was raining when we awoke this morning as it was very dark but on arising and seeing the rain was not here I thought ah! Autumn is here and the days are shortening.

Plans for today, painting the hallway to freshen it up before moving on to each room in the house over the next week. Well it is better than going with the crowds on a day out.

Have a great day and enjoy the daylight hours whilst you can, the dark days of winter are just over the hill. Oh! yes, smile it costs nothing.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 07:46 AM

Re: Monday a Painting day

morning all on this bank holiday.
off to do some fenceing soon,an it looks like it may stay dry,
have a good day all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 09:03 AM

Good morning fellow members another fine fresh day but defiantly with an Autumn chill.

After the rain I am expecting to see lots of mushrooms in the fields next to my house, they are old grazing meadows and have never been ploughed in living memory so they usually have a prolific crop.

Uggg, I hate bank holidays, too many people around, I like to have my walks in peace with no humans with whom I have to make polite conversation.

Off to wash some walls down this morning, I am having a spring clean before the bad weather comes. Have a pleasent day everyone
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 09:55 AM

Good morning all. It is cooler, more like Autumn this morning & a rather cloudy. Got my washing in, bank holidays are all the same now.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 10:15 AM

Morning all. Dry but overcast here today but great for our walk with the pup earlier. Off to my Mum's shortly to set up a new TV and recorder for her. I think the biggest hurdle will be getting her to use the recorder, she is terrified of new technology and still bemoans the demise of her VHS recorder...

Have a great day everyone and hey, let's be careful out there...

Barry
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 10:25 AM

Morning all.
Off today too and I am joining the decorating gang have paintwork to wash down then linning paper to go up and a ceiling to emulsion, undercoating then glossing to do not in that order. Hope to be ready to wallpaper by my the weekend an try to get a couple of walls done before I go away Monday week.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Morning everyone

Bright and sunny with a chill in the air here. We never go out anywhere on the bank holiday, especially the August one, it always appears that most people must go out congesting the roads with it being the last bank holiday of the year.

Will be clearing and tidying the garden this afternoon in readiness for some winter pansies.

Have a lovely day all!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

29-08-2011, 01:00 PM

Afternoon all,
A cold day here indeed, it is blowing at a rate of knots and cold with it.
I fear the long promised garden tidy will wait a while.
It has bought the wild birds out in force though, the sparrows were all lined up on the bottom fence waiting for their grub.They sort of reminded me of the old gangster films of a mafia funeral. From now on they are renamed the Spafia.

The flock of tits fighting over the fat balls even elbowing the starlings out of the action. Nice to sit indoors and watch the action.

Have a good one all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 01:31 PM

Good morning all. It's still dark outside here at 5:30 in the morning. The next few days we're falling from high temperatures of 87F to 68F or 30C to 20C. I'd say we're experiencing a bit of Fall ourselves. No rain for a few more days.

No plans for the beginning of my week. I must visit the grocery store as the fridge looks a bit hungry. Still have bacon & eggs available for breakfast but that's it.

I just noticed I've been on this forum for two years already. It's been fun. Have a nice day!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2011, 04:01 PM

Yes its cold up here in Northumberland, I was going to do some garden tidying but its cold and windy here Hammer as well.Watched Barcelona the other night and what a good team they are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top