Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Busy Tuesday.

Good morning everyone

It was dark again this morning and has still not got very light, the heavy looking clouds floating above are waiting for people to arise before emptying their wet welcome to the day message I think.

Another morning of painting, the utility room today which is not that big(20 x 8) then lunch out somewhere before an afternoon of visitng friends and a quizz session tonight.

Have a great day everyone and take care, you never know what is around the corner.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 08:01 AM

Re: Busy Tuesday.

Good morning.
I think we are promised a dullish, coolish, dry day today. No great plans other than changing the bed (now sometimes that can be a challenge, depending on how cooperative the duvet cover is ) and doing a little shopping. Oh - i'll vaccuum a bit too, now my OH has removed what appeared to be about 5 catsworth of fur which was stuck in the pipes! You only need pick up one bit of twig or something and that forms enough of an obstacle for the animal hair to really build up on

So, that's as exciting as it will get for me, but as I often say, if it's not dull then it's drama and drama nearly always turns up in a bad way. I'll stick to dull
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 08:16 AM

A very good morning to all and sundry, dogooders and wastrels alike..

Oscar the pup is going to have his nuts removed this morning and to be microchipped, so we are off to do some shopping and have lunch out with a friend in Chesterfield..hows that for the unfairness of life..

Have a good day all...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 08:56 AM

Good Morning all dull and cool here which is probably going to be the order of the day .

I started my big clean yesterday but have come to a halt. I washed the filter in my newish Dyson (the small light one) and it is still soaking wet . The filter in the last cleaner could be wrung out, this one can't and could take days to dry. I may have to try the hair drier on it.
I wonder if this fault is intentional on the part of Dyson to encourage people to buy a spare filter.

I may give Chloe a bit of a trim while I wait for the filter to dry .
So as you can see exciting times here

Barry I hope Oscar is not too sore after his op, give my regards to the crooked spire.

Enjoy your day everyone.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 09:28 AM

Well it seems to be the same here weather wise, dull, cold but dry.
Is winter here already.
On sunday i actually thought about putting the heating on it was that cold and damp.
Please sun come out again.
Have a good day all
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 10:02 AM

Good morning all, the weather seems to be the same all over this morning. It's dull & Autumnal here in the NE too.

I had the heating on for a short time yesterday evening Shirley, since the walls have been insulated, it often feels cooler than outdoors. The chap who did it said it would, insulation works both ways..

Enjoy your day all.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 10:23 AM

morning all
some of the same here,drizzle at moment.
chilly an damp last night so gave the heating a burst,
enjoy yer day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Good morning all

Guess what? yes, it's dull, dry and cool here too! It won't be long before the woollies and fleeces come out of their hibernation...

My job for this afternoon is to give the conifer hedge a good clipping ......it's been getting a bit straggly lately.

Enjoy your day everyone!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 12:06 PM

Cool and overcast in Dorset too, I was freezing when I woke this morning, I feel the cold. Did half an hour of yoga and on the exercise bike, that warmed me up for a full ten minutes! Wearing three layers of clothes and got the heating on again, will have to turn it down before husband gets in from work or he'll be moaning he's too hot.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2011, 01:51 PM

Good morning all. Now, for something different, our temperatures dropped to a high of 72F, 22C today with the same for tomorrow. That's about 15F lower than the last week or two. It's supposed to drizzle the next few days as well. That will be a pleasant change from the dry month of August. I feel I'm still in the desert on my vacation a month ago. Have a great day all as I'm off to McDonald's for senior coffee clutch day. The two weeks worth of free coffee is over this week so it will cost me $.75. Yikes!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top