Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Re: A Weighty Subject.

Right you are Rueben! I believe in cooking from scratch, always have. Not only better for you, tastes better too.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 07:39 AM

I too cook from scratch, however people say they won't eat my Zebra or Kangaroo steaks.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 09:44 AM

On a friends recommendation I bought some Morrison's Prime Beef beefburgers, £2 for four from the frozen aisles. They are 99% beef + salt. They are quite nice but I still prefer my own.

Happy weight loss all..

Onwards & downwards.
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 09:57 AM

Sorry not reporting this week got my first weigh in at Fat Club on Thurs since my op 10 days ago so will report in next week

Jeanette
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Geordiegirl ->
Sorry not reporting this week got my first weigh in at Fat Club on Thurs since my op 10 days ago so will report in next week

Jeanette
Good luck for Thursday Geordiegirl, hope you're feeling better.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

03-09-2011, 04:32 PM

I wonder how Rockrider is, has anyone heard?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 04:51 PM

I really miss him; hope all is well and that it's just computer problems, not that he's unwell or gotten tired of us!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2012, 11:39 PM

I'm sorry to say the wife is starting to put back on some weight again, I dare not mention this to her for fear of being put to the sword, the daughter won't say it to her either. The extra pounds seem to congregate around the buttocks area, I notice this in the morning time when she struggles into her cord trousers, 'tis not a pretty sight to watch the Woman you love struggling and cursing at the same time. She's back on the dreaded CHOC'S again, taking a few out of the box and smuggling them into the living room to eat while watching TV. I tried to drop a hint this morning saying, "I weighed myself in the bathroom dear, and I'm still the same weight...are you?" I was given the deaf ear, a sure sign she knows she's over doing it. Lets hope a friend tells her.
You can follow her progress on Waistbook.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 12:02 AM

I'm not sure it would be a good thing to mention it really, Jem, to be honest. She's probably more than aware of it herself and may feel a little self-conscious but, without knowing the lady, if she is aware of it, the last thing she'll want is somebody in her ear about her weight gain.

You obviously love the bones of her and perhaps she's got something on her mind right now which is making her turn to the choccies. If, as you say, she's "smuggling" them so that you don't see, that may be an indication that something is worrying her.

If that be the case, be sensitive toward her for the time being and just be there if she needs you, as I know you will.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2012, 11:09 AM

One thing that I vowed to myself was if I saw someone I really cared about gaining weight I would tell them. This is why.

When I was nineteen I was really gorgeous I had what they call now an hour glass figure which in the days of Twiggy was a no no. Looking at my pictures I cannot believe how good looking I was and how I suffered with low self esteem because of a 38 28 38 figure when we all strived for either 36 22 36 or tiny even tinier and tiny.

When I had my first son I began gaining weight and because no body had ever told me that I was gorgeous and my self esteem was low, I wallowed in mumsy fat and eating for two. After each child I gained weight that I never lost and eventually became a grossly overweight lady.

My husband who had never told me I was gorgeous only complained that I resembled a large sow pig. No body told me to lose weight would be to get lovely again. I was ugly at the start and now I was ugly and fat.

Many years later and now with a supportive husband I look back with horror. The diet pills, the daft diets the struggle against the scales.

Tell your wife that when she is a few pounds lighter she is gorgeous, tell her that you really fancy her fat or thin but she is much happier when she is not eating the chocs. Offer to go for a walk with her or jogging or whatever she likes to do. Don't say nothing at all. Don't judge she is smuggling from you so she is feeling guilty ask yourself why?

Love her enough to tell her that you think that the cord trousers have shrunk in the wash (they do you know). Love her enough to share her unhappiness and for goodness sake don't make fun of her.

I suggest an easier eating plan where the two of you could share a treat of chocs or a glass of wine. Losing weight and keeping it off is hard. I know that being overweight is also the symptom of unhappiness as yourself are you unaware of your lady so that you don't know what it is that makes her unhappy and want those damn chocs

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top