Join for free
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Re: Weight losses

Back on course Nuttygranthat's good. I believe limiting your starchy carbs will help you. I have a theory- Because low body core temperature is linked to slow metabolism when you are feeling cold one's metabolism slows down even more to conserve heat loss and not one's metabolism speeds up to keep one warm.-As you have a low body core temperature keeping warm and wrapping up well when you feel the cold could stop your metabolism from getting sluggish. It could be one of the reasons people put weight on in winter as well as what they eat.

My efforts this week haven't done much only a 0.4lb loss but I have been exercising and one can put on a little weight as as muscle tone weighs more than weight loss.Not far to go now to my target
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by rueben ->
This is one for Nuttygran- If you think a slow metabolism may be hindering your weight loss and you can't manage exercise to speed up your metabolism.Have you tried cider vinegar as it is supposed to speed up metabolism and lower insulin production. Pectin and potassium in fruit and veg including the skins also raises metabolism. A study in Brazil has shown women who daily included apples in their diet lost more weight than women who didn't. Their is more healthy antioxidants in the skins of apples than in the flesh. Another good argument for eating the whole food.
For a slow metabolism you could take kelp which is full of iodine which is what the thyroid is lacking. I started taking a metabolism herbal therapy and it did make a difference. I would imagine that eating seaweed is also helpful. I read also that iodine is no longer in our salt and you should actually look for some with iodine added.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 04:05 PM

Back on course Nuttygranthat's good. I believe limiting your starchy carbs will help you. I have a theory- Because low body core temperature is linked to slow metabolism when you are feeling cold one's metabolism slows down even more to conserve heat loss and not one's metabolism speeds up to keep one warm.-As you have a low body core temperature keeping warm and wrapping up well when you feel the cold could stop your metabolism from getting sluggish. It could be one of the reasons people put weight on in winter as well as what they eat.

My efforts this week haven't done much only a 0.4lb loss but I have been exercising and one can put on a little weight as as muscle tone weighs more than weight loss.Not far to go now to my target
Thank you Rueben, I do often put on a Cardigan when others are wearing thin tops & often need bed socks..
I'm glad I live alone because of the amusement I would cause..
You are really doing well, your weight is going in the right direction. I suspected you hadn't much to lose. Well done!
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
For a slow metabolism you could take kelp which is full of iodine which is what the thyroid is lacking. I started taking a metabolism herbal therapy and it did make a difference. I would imagine that eating seaweed is also helpful. I read also that iodine is no longer in our salt and you should actually look for some with iodine added.
Thank you Cookiecate, I used to take Kelp but my doctor had my thyroid tested & apparently it is OK. I'm very pleased because a neighbour has an under active thyroid & she seems so tired a lot of the time.

I think Monday is your weigh in day, good luck for then.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.

08-09-2011, 04:19 PM

So far this week, I have lost .8 of a pound but I shall be off line for a while so will post again when I can.

Good luck all..
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Hope you are OK, Nuttygran, will miss you!

Thanks for the notice; it's worrying when people just vanish ..........
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Well after major surgery 2weeks ago and not being allowed to do any exercise(which inclded not walking the dogs) Ive lost another 2lbs since I was last at the "fat club"
Jeanette
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Geordiegirl ->
Well after major surgery 2weeks ago and not being allowed to do any exercise(which inclded not walking the dogs) Ive lost another 2lbs since I was last at the "fat club"
Jeanette
I hope you are recovering well, Jeanette and will be back to your usual self very soon...
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 09:29 AM

Cracked it at last. It took a while but eventually I have knocked off the half stone I wanted to. I am back to just under 91/2 st. @ 9st.6.lbs.-----Good luck to you all that you manage to reach your targets.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Cracked it at last. It took a while but eventually I have knocked off the half stone I wanted to. I am back to just under 91/2 st. @ 9st.6.lbs.-----Good luck to you all that you manage to reach your targets.
Well done Reuben, you are to be congratulated!

Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top