Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Re: Tempestuous Tuesday

Hi all, dry at the moment & sunny but the wind is rising. It helped me towards my shopping this morning but hindered me coming back.

Take care everyone.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
our 7 foot sunflower was blown over before it could flower properly. .
Oh no AB don't tell me that!
It's blowing a gale here in Poole too.
On another thread I mentioned that I have a little sunflower plant here which belongs to my grandaughter, they gave it to her at Brownies. It has grown to over 10ft tall! The flower started last week and just this morning the yellow petals are showing. It's tied up well but is blowing everywhere. Please don't break off, please stay put until she returns to Brownies on Thursday.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Hello to everyone

It's wild, wet and windy here, too. Did some shopping this morning and it started to rain on the way home ..... put my umbrella up and immediately felt like I was going to take off like Mary Poppins!

Stay dry and keep your feet on the ground!
Wonda
Sussex, England
Wonda is female  Wonda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 12:54 PM

Afternoon all, strong to gale force winds on the south coast here today, dreadful day. Finished glossing the paintwork in the lounge this morning, now the house stinks of paint !

Not much planned for the afternoon.

Enjoy your day folks where ever you are
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 01:09 PM

G'day all . . . a lousy day up here . . . scattered showers . . and the dogs aint been walked yet . . . must dash . . . a Rottie is gnawing on my leg.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Good morning all. Large group we have on here today. Could you please send all your rain our way? We have 20-30 brush and forest fires around the state because of our dry season. The poor fire fighters are having trouble just saving the homes. There's smoke from all those fires as far as the coast.

I'm in my normal Tuesday routine at McDonald's waiting for the rest of the seniors to arrive. It's a beautiful day although we've been quite hot lately. It would seem our late Summer has arrived and is lingering.

No special plans for the day. I'm sure I'll spend some of my day outside in this sunny weather before the late afternoon heat cooks me. Have a great day all!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Good morning all. Large group we have on here today. Could you please send all your rain our way? We have 20-30 brush and forest fires around the state because of our dry season. The poor fire fighters are having trouble just saving the homes. There's smoke from all those fires as far as the coast.

I'm in my normal Tuesday routine at McDonald's waiting for the rest of the seniors to arrive. It's a beautiful day although we've been quite hot lately. It would seem our late Summer has arrived and is lingering.

No special plans for the day. I'm sure I'll spend some of my day outside in this sunny weather before the late afternoon heat cooks me. Have a great day all!
Bob, we would willingly send you our rain in exchange for your sunshine if we could...

That's awful about the forest fires, I hope they can be brought under control soon...
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Bob, we would willingly send you our rain in exchange for your sunshine if we could...

That's awful about the forest fires, I hope they can be brought under control soon...
Without rain the first lightning strike starts another fire. Stupid travelers throwing their cigarettes out of their vehicles start the rest. Grrrrr!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

06-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Without rain the first lightning strike starts another fire. Stupid travelers throwing their cigarettes out of their vehicles start the rest. Grrrrr!
Yes, if only the public were a bit more thoughtful ...... there again a lot just don't care what damage/disaster they may cause
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 04:01 PM

Looks like nasty weather on both sides of the Pond today; here at a bit after 11 am it's a chilly 16 C (61 F) ... our normal high is 30 C!! ...... so feels quite cool! Have on a long sleeved sweatshirt. In between showers now, but rain will continue thru at least Thursday thanks to the remnants of Lee, now a tropical depression.Depressing is the right word, I really dislike rain,necessary as it is. No news, all's quiet and peaceful.

Stay dry, people.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top