Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:31 AM

Re: Trump - President non grata?

some did argue that America was in fact a better place after the assassination of the Kennedys - as they had become too familial and powerful - a dynasty?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:50 AM

Trouble is after an assassination it leaves a void, if only temporarily, and then you have to hope you get someone better in their place.
Was Johnson a good and popular President after Kennedy?
I've no idea.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Trouble is after an assassination it leaves a void, if only temporarily, and then you have to hope you get someone better in their place.
Was Johnson a good and popular President after Kennedy?
I've no idea.

That question predicates that Kennedy was a good President in the first place. He wasn't!!! - People seem to forget or overlook the fact that it was Bobby Kennedy, as Attorney General who planned the invasion of Cuba and Jack Kennedy who sanctioned it. Kennedy was the President who expanded the American involvement in Vietnam - barstewards the pair of them.

As for Johnson, it was he who escalated the war in Vietnam and sanctioned the use of Monsanto's 'Agent Orange' poioning of the Vietnamese forests leading to huge damage to the civilian population, who are even to this day are still blighted with chemical disfigurements and infant deaths.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 12:59 PM

That question predicates that Kennedy was a good President in the first place. He wasn't!!!
wasn't he playin around with Marylin Munroe as well??
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Do you think that will make the world a better place ?
It will just make the world a less free place .
We may not like Trump but he was democratically elected by the American people and wishing for his death as you so obviously do is wrong .
Good post Muddy.
Some people just don't like to accept democratically elected politicians or solutions these days, and it's not just in America....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:34 PM

Well we've all done it .... voted someone in that might not have been a good choice.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well we've all done it .... voted someone in that might not have been a good choice.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Is marriage included in that observation Morty?...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

03-09-2018, 02:03 PM

Oh yes ... as I'm sure many can testify to.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-09-2018, 02:30 PM

I'll testify for you Mort if you'll testify for me? xx
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

03-09-2018, 02:44 PM

One day if I commit a crime I'll hold you to that ... you do mean as a witness for the defence and not the prosecution don't you?

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top