Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 10:48 PM

Trick Or Treat!

Well, expecting a lot of little darlings, we only got one Family, of 3, very polite children & they only took one sweet each, so I gave them another each. The sweets were lollipops or sherbet things. I now have a lot left to eat myself.
Their Mum was waiting at the top of the drive too, so they were supervised. Such well brought up children.

Did any of you get many?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 10:58 PM

Re: Trick Or Treat!

Not one - thank goodness.
I know I'm a kill-joy, but I don't like my door ringing after dark.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 11:02 PM

Dunno, this place has become a bit like Gods waiting room, its so quiet.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 11:28 PM

No callers here tonight either...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 11:38 PM

I don't really go along with this trick or treat thing. I'd prefer English customs like 'Penny for the Guy'?

Anyway - I printed out a notice and pinned one on my front & back Doors - NO TRICK OR TREATERS.

It worked a treat.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 11:50 PM

Halloween in our neighbourhood is a fun night for everybody here and all over the country; kids and parents alike. The kids have a ball making their costumes and dressing up. And it's quite a community building thing here. Point Clare is a commuter town dead centre between Sydney and Newcastle with many people with young families training it to Sydney or Newcastle for work.Like I used to do. Halloween is one of those rare times then when parents get together for a chat with their kids within eyesight. All the little witches and fairies and various other little "monsters" look so adorable. There's nothing like the laughter of children to lift your heart. I have some wonderful nostalgic memories of when my son was little. Halloween is not a new thing here really although it's got more popular over the last 15 or 20 years. I used to go to Halloween parties when I was at University. WE don;t really see it so much as an "American" thing. It's just a fun thing for kids. Doesn't matter where it came from. I thought it was Ireland actually. Am I wrong?..We used to have fireworx night but that got killed off. So now Halloween is the big night for kids. To each their own. I understand people want their peace. BUt it's only the one night of the year. And it's usually all over by 8 or 8.30 pm. Here at least.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:45 AM

Hi

Loads here, all with a parent to supervise.

Amazing costumes and make up.

Three tubs of goodies on the doorstep, allowed to choose one.

The tiny tots, who could not decide, got 3, one of each.

Every single one said thank you.

It was lovely.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 08:51 AM

No none at all, but i'm glad really, I don't believe in Children knocking on strangers doors.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
No none at all, but i'm glad really, I don't believe in Children knocking on strangers doors.
I agree - even if they are supervised.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2019, 10:41 AM

When we were children, Halloween was a non-event, just a mention in small letters at the top of a diary. Nothing was done about it. I suppose that's why I don't rate it much now.

I can't remember when it became what it is today. It might have been beginning to be an event when our children were young but I can't remember them ever wanting to dress up, party or do trick or treat.

If children have knocked at the door in recent years, I've given sweets but that's only because it's important to them. I can't get into the spirit of Halloween myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top