Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:32 PM

Re: Keeping my hands going.

I have come back to knitting after many years away. I noticed recently that a few odd aches and pains were creeping into my hands and thought that knitting might help. It really does doesn't it? I'm loving being back to knitting now!
Your knitting is beautiful Maisie.
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 04:53 PM

Many thanks Heather. I have in fact been sorting out my yarn and patterns today because I have started getting the ruddy cramp again in my fingers so now looking for something to knit to keep them exercised.
Mind you having said that I very often get the cramp when holding the needles so I cant do intricate patterns now because I am clumsy if I have to pick stitches up.
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK
HeatherMK is female  HeatherMK has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Maywalk ->
Many thanks Heather. I have in fact been sorting out my yarn and patterns today because I have started getting the ruddy cramp again in my fingers so now looking for something to knit to keep them exercised.
Mind you having said that I very often get the cramp when holding the needles so I cant do intricate patterns now because I am clumsy if I have to pick stitches up.

There are lots of free patterns online now so I rarely buy any but I do have to buy the needles with amazing regularity as one of my dogs keeps burying them.
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 05:36 PM

I hope the dog does not hurt itself with the needles Heather. He/she probably doesn't like you to knit.
I belong to this knitting website below apart from having the magazine every month and I have just downloaded a baby pattern from it. Its worth joining.

http://www.knit-today.com/
HeatherMK
Milton Keynes, UK

22-10-2012, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Maywalk ->
I hope the dog does not hurt itself with the needles Heather. He/she probably doesn't like you to knit.
I belong to this knitting website below apart from having the magazine every month and I have just downloaded a baby pattern from it. Its worth joining.

http://www.knit-today.com/

She doesn't hurt herself but I am more careful now just in case.
I get the magazine from that website. I also belong to www.ravelry.com
Lots of lovely patterns to be had aren't there? I am knitting for a new grandchild on the way at the moment as well as some warm winter woolies for me.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 05:59 PM

They are lovely Maisie. The blue set looks similar to one I knitted for my son, over 40 years ago. I remember it took me ages. It didn't matter though, my mum, mil and two aunties knitted.
I started a crochet blanket last winter...I'll continue it this winter...
The two sites look good ladies.
Maywalk
Leicestershire

22-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Many thanks Janela.
I go in spasms now because I am usually busy on the computer answering mail from folks who have read my website.
Got to try and do a bit of knitting now though to help exercise the fingers.
Its making up my mind WHAT to knit because if it needs a lot of sewing up that can be very awkward now with my fingers seizing up.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 06:56 PM

Men who were in the army can sew so why not get your husband to do the sewing up for you, it would keep his hands nimble as well.
Maywalk
Leicestershire

22-10-2012, 07:20 PM

He has osteoarthritis Annie and his fingers are getting as deformed as his feet.
Yes he did have to do it when he was in the forces but he is 84 now and cant even do a cardigan button up without help.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 04:32 PM

They are lovely Maisie. I do a lot of knitting but don't do baby clothes as haven't anyone to give them to. I tend to do sweaters for me mostly.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top