Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2012, 05:14 PM

Re: Keeping my hands going.

Many thanks Dog Lover.
Do you knit for the Dogs Trust or Battersea Dogs Home? I know they were after dog coats.
http://www.alfiesblog.com/rescue-a-d...nate-blankets/
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Maywalk ->
Many thanks Dog Lover.
Do you knit for the Dogs Trust or Battersea Dogs Home? I know they were after dog coats.
http://www.alfiesblog.com/rescue-a-d...nate-blankets/
I haven't so far but I may do when I have finished my current sweater. Thanks for the link to that magazine in your earlier post. They have a pattern for a blanket for Battersea so I may do one for them. I send them a monthly subscription as well. Always help the animals especially dogs.
Maywalk
Leicestershire
Maywalk is female  Maywalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2012, 02:23 PM

Your welcome Dog Lover.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Those are beautiful Maywalk. Such a talent you have there and such a caring lady too.
Maywalk
Leicestershire

29-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Hello mesco m.
Many thanks for the kind words concerning the sets I knit.
I used to buy dolls and dress them for raffles for any proceeds to go to charity but I rarely see the baby dolls now.
Here are photos of dolls that I knitted sets for.

The last one is dressed in a 1940s outfit and I donated to our local war museum because the chap who was running the museum then had been given the baby gas mask that was used during WW2 and asked me if I would dress a doll to put in it. He was SO chuffed with it he had my name put across the top of the gas mask.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 07:31 PM

Those are fantastic sets, Maisie ....well done!

Love the doll in the gas mask!
Maywalk
Leicestershire

29-10-2012, 07:44 PM

Many thanks Mags.
My granddaughter insisted that she had to take a photo of them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Maisie your work is beautiful , you must have very good eyesight. I can't see to sew these days...
Maywalk
Leicestershire

29-10-2012, 08:58 PM

I cant do it much now Meg because I get the cramp in my fingers and cant sew them up without a struggle.
I still do the odd baby set but I tend to stick to things that do not need too much sewing OR having to have the stitches picked up.
Boy I only wish I did have good eyesight. I have three pair of specs. One for the computer one for reading and the other long distance.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2012, 08:59 PM

I love your work! I'm very much a beginner... ran out to buy some crochet cotton and yarn so I have something to do while we're sheltering indoors during the storm. Hope to manage at least a baby beanie in single crochet... browsing the net for some easy patterns.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top