Join for free
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 11:46 AM

MS Office 2013

An interesting offer from Microsoft?

Microsoft is tempting Windows and Mac users to buy the current versions of Office by offering a free copy of Office 2013 when it is released.

Buy Office 2010 or 2011 now, and you'll get a free copy of Office 2013 later.

That includes Windows users who purchase Office 2010 and Mac users who pick up Office 2011.

The steps are relatively simple. After you install and activate Office, just pop an e-mail to Microsoft to receive a reminder. Microsoft will alert you once Office 2013 is available, giving you the ability to download and install it for free.

A variety of Office suites qualify for the freebie, including Office Home and Student 2010, Office Professional 2010, and Office for Mac Home & Student 2011.

Individual 2010 applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, also qualify. Buyers can find the full list of eligible titles under the Qualifying Office Products section on the Microsoft Office Pre-Launch Offer Details and Terms page.

Depending on your current version, you can then grab a free copy of Office 365 Home Premium, Office Home and Student 2013, Office Professional 2013, or another variation.

Launch date is rumoured to be end of March 2013.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2013, 04:40 PM

Re: MS Office 2013

Many thanks for making me aware of the offer Michael. Always good to know about these things.

I already have have MS Office Home & Student 2007 and this works OK. I'd have to pay about £90 to get a later version. Still cheap in order to qualify for the latest version of Office when it's released but I find I don't use Office too much these days anyway.

I usually like to keep up with Microsoft releases. I recently paid to keep up with Windows 8 but regarding Office, I can't really justify spending another £90 for something I don't all that much. I think I'll stick with the 2007 version for a year or two more. It still receives updates from Microsoft.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top