Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 05:51 PM

Im a Luddite.

Yep this dammed modern techy stuff leaves me cold.

Anyhoo my ancient internet dongle with its paltry 5GB a month was proving not enough, and by going over i was paying a fortune.

So today ive taken the plunge and opted for a WI FI thingymabob that will give me 32GB a month.

Ive plugged it in to my PC and its charging up at the moment, blinking away at me like a delinquent Cylon.

Then later ive got too do things that is supposed to allow me to make both my PC and Laptop function on the internet.

I bet i will screw it up, so if i go bye bye you know why.

Also im supposed to be able to connect my new camera via wifi. We will see, expect questions techy people.m
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 05:56 PM

Re: Im a Luddite.

Hi

No need to worry Nom, just find a random 13 year old, job done in 10 minutes
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 05:58 PM

Ooh! You'll definitely notice the difference in speed and connectivity.
I switched to infinity about 3 months ago because I was going over my broadband data allowance.
My bills have dropped from £110 a month (oh the shame of it!) to an unlimited allowance at £37 a month
(That includes land line and BT tv too by the way!)
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 06:08 PM

Oh thanks Norm, after two days wracking my brains that I need to buy something , you have reminded me..ta thanks...
Araldite.!!

Otherwise I do not know what the hell you are talking about
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 07:32 PM

As i suspected cant get the bloody thing to connect to anything best i got was it saying its taking to long to connect. Looks like im going to have to take it back and demand my money back
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 07:45 PM

Keep going. It will be worth it in the end.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

04-10-2016, 07:47 PM

Im going to ask a mate to come over, he is wiser than me, its a 4G device, and im asking it to connect to a XP PC nearly 10 years old, and a Vista Laptop years old, i was told it would, but being an old cynic i have my doubts.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 08:05 PM

Uhm. Not that up on PCs, never was, but I've networked enough PCs of various ages in the school IT room before today and they could all usually be made to chat to the server. If there's a problem with it, then it may well be in the network settings (whatever that is called on a PC). You need someone there to look at it so better get your mate over. BTW if they sold you this piece of kit and said it would work, then it should. 3G or 4G, shouldn't make any difference hooking it up although 4G is faster.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

05-10-2016, 05:15 AM

Both puters see the device. Laptop tries to connect yet all i get is taking longer than usual to connect.

then stops. grrrrrr
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

05-10-2016, 04:31 PM

Half way there, Lappy now on Wifi, yet to conquer the PC. Bit of a faff with the camera to download pics bt ive managed anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top