Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Amazing Honey Bee Facts.

In order to produce*1 pound*of honey, 2 million flowers must be visited. A hive of bees must fly 55,000 miles to produce a pound of honey. One bee colony can produce 60 to 100 pounds of honey per year. An average worker bee makes only about 1/12 teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.

I wonder what they'll get with all those Nectre points.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:46 AM

Re: Amazing Honey Bee Facts.

Are you thinking of going in for beekeeping, oh brainy one?

BTW, you still getting released today?
I need to let people know to lock up their daughters.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:46 AM

I love bees . Yesterday I closed the patio door and suddenly a loud angry buzzing came from somewhere and I realised I'd trapped a huge queen bees leg she was furious , I opened the door and she fell and was spinning round and round on the floor , I got my spider catcher and gently lifted her into the garden , she buzzed and crawled for a few moments then managed to fly away . She kept flying in front of the patio door for a little while giving me bad looks .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 09:49 AM

I had one feeding off my Pieris yesterday Susan.

I've also had one of those huge Queen Wasps in the shed too, I can't stand wasps I'm afraid, and this one was big as a drone!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 12:51 PM

There seem to be loads about atm. That has happened in the past, all over the lawn and then gone, and seeing just a handful over the course of the summer. That is until I allow the clover to grow for a period and then they flock back again.

Get your 'Bee Saver Kit' here :

https://www.foe.co.uk/page/get-your-...code=FN1703004
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 01:03 PM

I'm always happy to see Bees in My garden as they perform a task vital to the survival of agriculture (pollination)...I've just been stung once by a bee but it was not as painful as a wasp sting..ouch!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I'm always happy to see Bees in My garden as they perform a task vital to the survival of agriculture (pollination)...I've just been stung once by a bee but it was not as painful as a wasp sting..ouch!
Wasps have no other use exceot to terrorise....nasty, aggressive and vindictive bastids.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Mmm Tpin I can see you have been brushing up on your cooking skills and watching Mary Berry again (I heard the above on her show I am sure ) .

I love bees they are my friends pollinating the garden for me.
I don't however like honey except in cooking it makes me cringe .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mmm Tpin I can see you have been brushing up on your cooking skills and watching Mary Berry again (I heard the above on her show I am sure ) .

I love bees they are my friends pollinating the garden for me.
I don't however like honey except in cooking it makes me cringe .
Me watch a cookery programme. .....get real woman
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2017, 05:52 PM

I don't really know much about Honey bees but they really are fascinating creatures. There was one in my living room the other day which landed on our scrabble board and started hopping onto the letter tiles one by one.

I think it was a Spelling Bee.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top