Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:22 AM

The disgusting way we treat People.

Hi

A glorious example is here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-40628560.

Parking used to be free for employees, it was just a raid on their wages.

We have to work shifts, so no Public Transport at times, and in any event, it was a complete waste of money getting from A To B with a load of gear.

Eric Pickles decided to abolish Essential User Car Allowance.

An unnecessary Perk according to him.

I was working three nights a week with the Police at the time.

No Public Transport, so Taxis.

The first month the 3 of us ran up a bill of £6,400, as against £1400 for car allowance.

That makes sense?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Re: The disgusting way we treat People.

To be fair Swim, nobody ever paid my parking fees when I had to park my car to go to work, and I am sure that applies to many other people.
I don't understand why each ticket will cost £128, but it is probably a fine, so surely they should have done something about this sooner or paid the parking fees like other workers have to do!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To be fair Swim, nobody ever paid my parking fees when I had to park my car to go to work, and I am sure that applies to many other people.
I don't understand why each ticket will cost £128, but it is probably a fine, so surely they should have done something about this sooner or paid the parking fees like other workers have to do!
Hi

That may well have been the case twink.

However the reality is this, most large companies provide car parks for staff, they do not charge for them, particularly if the staff are on shifts.

The big companies round here do not charge for them, Mueller's, Grocontinental, Hawk, Palethorpes etc.

My ex had free car parking in the middle of Manchester,my son in Bristol.

The NHS decided to charge, previously free, that is a reduction in wages, it is not right.

Why are we belting Nurses etc, when parking is free at Police and Fire Stations?

It is simply not right.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 12:28 PM

Most large companies have grounds where staff can park, but smaller companies don't!
Places like the NHS have large numbers of staff, often with limited parking available, so the more people that travel in cars the less spaces there are. When I worked I always picked up 2 or 3 others so we wouldn't all have to pay. It may make things less convenient but, if you cant afford to pay to park, it is a good option.
I just don't understand why people are always looking for something for nothing. People who have to travel on buses or trains still have to pay to get to work, so why should nurses get special treatment?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 12:44 PM

I wonder if a Park and Ride scheme outside of towns would help.
In Bath they have two P&R car parks with buses to the hospital or town. Perhaps this type of thing could be useful for patients and hospital staff if the bus times co-incided with shift patterns.
There doesn't seem to be much cooperation between councils and hospitals with regards hospital parking.
Car parking is never adequate around hospitals.
My elderly neighbour got a large fine when he followed the ambulance carrying his dying wife. He parked in a disabled space with his badge, in his panic he didn't read a notice saying he had to register his badge and licence plate number at reception.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

17-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I wonder if a Park and Ride scheme outside of towns would help.
In Bath they have two P&R car parks with buses to the hospital or town. Perhaps this type of thing could be useful for patients and hospital staff if the bus times co-incided with shift patterns.
There doesn't seem to be much cooperation between councils and hospitals with regards hospital parking.
Car parking is never adequate around hospitals.
My elderly neighbour got a large fine when he followed the ambulance carrying his dying wife. He parked in a disabled space with his badge, in his panic he didn't read a notice saying he had to register his badge and licence plate number at reception.
I think that is a little unfair considering the circumstances! Sadly you have to complain to get things, like this, considered, but we now live in an automated world where things cant be changed by a quick chat.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 01:10 PM

They should have free parking at and around all hospitals for staff and visitors. Parking fees are merely a revenue generator. Medical staff often work shifts when there is no public transport or they need to use their cars to visit patients and patients and visitors should not have to worry about topping up.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They should have free parking at and around all hospitals for staff and visitors. Parking fees are merely a revenue generator. Medical staff often work shifts when there is no public transport or they need to use their cars to visit patients and patients and visitors should not have to worry about topping up.
You've got that right. Our local hospital used to have free parking and when charges were introduced people started parking on the roads around the hospital. To circumvent this, the council altered the roads to permit parking only, the fines for which if abused are higher than parking in the hospital itself thus forcing hospital visitors into the extortionate car park once again.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 01:57 PM

Problem is so many of these companies and institutions just sell off or out-source the parking to these private firms. Those private firms don't give a fig about who is using the car park, whether its a hospital or shopping mall. They just ruthlessly pursue those they can trip up into overstaying their allotted time and then charge stupid amounts in fines. What they do should be illegal.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Problem is so many of these companies and institutions just sell off or out-source the parking to these private firms. Those private firms don't give a fig about who is using the car park, whether its a hospital or shopping mall. They just ruthlessly pursue those they can trip up into overstaying their allotted time and then charge stupid amounts in fines. What they do should be illegal.

... And who's bloody fault was that??? - that evil witch Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) and her scumbag 'nasty party' who started it all with their privatisation schemes!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top