Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Tempestuous Tuesday

Good morning - it's a bit wild and windy, isn't it?
Do you think this is UK getting a little bit of the end of Hurricane Irene? It often seems that we pick up extreme weather trends but a week or so later.

Well, no exciting plans in this dismal weather. If the rain holds off the baby and I will go to 'baby singing', which leaves nanna exhausted. It's fine for the mobile little ones, who can be The Grand Old Duke of York and march under their own power - until mine stands on her feet she likes to be held whilst I do the marching! Ah well - better than a fitness class

I have plans to get fish for a fish pie this evening but that's as exciting as I expect my day to get
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 07:21 AM

Re: Tempestuous Tuesday

Good morning Dinahsmum and everyone who arrives here.

Winter winds and rain arrived last night and our 7 foot sunflower was blown over before it could flower properly. The garden looks like a hurrican has passed through it. It is still raining though not as hard as it was during the night, the winds are still blowing the cobwebs from the hedgerow but there is a hint of sun behind the dark clouds. Welcome to winter folks.

Plans for today are all to do with indoor activities. Cleaning one of the lofts out and parcelling stuff for a charity or the tip. Lunch, comprising of Gammon with a fried egg, veg, potatoes will be had at home then the afternoon is to be an energetic one watching mother nature pass by the window.

Have a great day everyone and if you have to venture out stay safety concious.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Good morning all except it isn't the wind is howling and the rain lashing down but is is good to see the rain at last.

Off to baby sit the twins today while baby Hannah goes for her doctor check up. Nothing else excited planned though in view of the weather may do some baking, that always brightens up a miserable day.

DM is that a baby music group, the twins go to one of those and love it..

Have a pleasant day everyone, stay dry
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 09:29 AM

wet an windy here to,
not much on today,bit of painting and a tidy up.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 09:40 AM

I think this is the theme today,
Wet and windy here and quite miserable.
Still quite warm though, but inside jobs today me thinks
Enjoy your day what every you do
Jenilou
South of England
Jenilou is female  Jenilou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Weather is absolutely filthy here! Howling winds and rain.

I went out to the shops early this morning on my bike and now my hair looks like Ken Dodd - it's all over the place lol. I came back looking like I'd stuck my finger in an electric socket and my daughter just burst out laughing when she saw me.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:21 AM

wet and windy today, was going to walk to the library this morning, about a mile but decided to put the kettle on instead. A trip to the library can wait.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 10:50 AM

That's how I felt about the 'baby singing' too bloggsy
So, she's gone for a nap and I'm listening to Womens Hour
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 11:26 AM

Gusty wind here too The birds are out on their perches and are hanging on tightly! Omelette has her 'im so glad im not up a tree' face on lol
Mother and Aunt & Uncle are on their way for tiffin so im getting very excited to see them all
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2011, 12:09 PM

Good morning all, my God! we do lead exciting lives don't we. Windy and rainy here also. I have to attend another funeral later today, an old pal, I suppose that's one of the downsides of getting older, all your friends start to kick the bucket, or maybe it's the new biodegradable coffins, everybody's dying to try them out.
Stay well and enjoy life.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top