Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 07:16 AM

January type of Thursday

Good morning everyone

It is dark and damp here today with a temperature of 11 degrees it feels just like a January day. Still, the birds are singing the cows are mooing albeit a moaning type of mooing and the peacocks are crying very loudly.

Nothing planned today other than a visit to the shops as she who must be obeyed is wanting some new cottons and material for making some new curtains.

Have a great day and remember loved ones need to know your feelings for them.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:30 AM

Re: January type of Thursday

morning,weather not much better here,,as i type its started to pour down,
av a nice day.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 08:53 AM

Sunshine - hurrah!
Must get to the allotment this afternoon.
At least hard work shows at this time of year and it's very satisfying to tidy up ready for winter
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Wow, more torrential rain staring now, just what the doctor ordered for reducing outdoor activities.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:16 AM

Morning fellow members grey and gloomy here but still not much rain.

I was talking to a farmer this morning looking at his bare brown fields, we haven't had much rain here since early March. It is getting too late in the year for any grass to grow to feed the stock and the hay crop has been sparse and stunted around this area. He says all this will be reflect in food prices.

I am off to the shop and to buy something tasty for dinner to lift the gloom

Have a pleasant day everyone...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:26 AM

Morning AB and All and hope you all enjoy your day.

It is sunny but still awfy dreich up here. Rained all day yesterday and during the night. Ground is still soaking wet. Poor Loki didn't enjoy her walks yesterday and eventually she refused to go out in the rain (she hates it) - wouldn't even play down the back gardens either as the grass was so muddy! She is out on the veranda at the moment watching all the kids going to school and they all shout up to her and she loves that!

Take care and hope the weather stays better where you all are.
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Wind down, dry and in fact quite a nice Autumn day. Lol, spoke too soon, just had a rain shower...

Enjoy your day folks.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 09:46 AM

Oh how dark was it this morning, we havent had rain as yet but it feels like an autumn day, cool windy and dull
Have a great day all
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Morning fellow members grey and gloomy here but still not much rain.

I was talking to a farmer this morning looking at his bare brown fields, we haven't had much rain here since early March. It is getting too late in the year for any grass to grow to feed the stock and the hay crop has been sparse and stunted around this area. He says all this will be reflect in food prices.

I am off to the shop and to buy something tasty for dinner to lift the gloom

Have a pleasant day everyone...
One man's blight is another's boom. I was on a 200 mile scooter ride yesterday passing field after field of harvested hay bales piled high like a wall.

We haven't seen rain in months. We're looking at a forecast of record heat the next 5 days as a late Summer has finally gripped us. I hibernate in these conditions.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Good morning all. Another sunny days with no clouds in the sky and record high heat. 94F or 34C for today and the next 4 days to follow. I guess I'll need to get my morning chores accomplished before noon. It's still 62F, 16C at 3:00 this morning.

No plans except a bit of grocery shopping. Stay comfortable all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top