Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 01:54 PM

Re: Italy

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Comrades bread and moscow, try to think. Contrary to bread's opinion that the UK's package of £37 bn isn't enough, I think it is. But let's assume it will take €50 bn for the UK to overcome the negative economic effects of corona.
In all likelihood 3 countries (italy, spain, portugal) need help from ESM to overcome corona's detrimental economic effects. Like the UK each needs an equally big package to restore their economy to pre corona levels. That would take 3 times 50, or 150 bn of the available 500 bn €.
So where did you get the stupid idea that the ESM will be overcharged?
If you bothered to read my posts properly you would know. Your now arguing with yourself again.

Well done
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If you bothered to read my posts properly you would know. Your now arguing with yourself again.

Well done
Sorry I burned your argument to toast bread, but you take it well.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 02:45 PM

Comrades bread and moscow, try to think. Contrary to bread's opinion that the UK's package of £37 bn isn't enough, I think it is. But let's assume it will take €50 bn for the UK to overcome the negative economic effects of corona.
In all likelihood 3 countries (italy, spain, portugal) need help from ESM to overcome corona's detrimental economic effects. Like the UK each needs an equally big package to restore their economy to pre corona levels. That would take 3 times 50, or 150 bn of the available 500 bn €.
So where did you get the stupid idea that the ESM will be overcharged?
Just like many in the northern-most EU countries, you're forgetting the eternal basket case that is Greece from your list , Solly.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Just like many in the northern-most EU countries, you're forgetting the eternal basket case that is Greece from your list , Solly.
and Ireland...

Problem is that under QMV, Germany, Netherlands and Austria don't stand a chance of pushing back on anything. The other 16 want their money.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Nope. A strict condition of the esm money is that it is to be directed against coronacrisis economic effects (guess which country stipulated that). So far greece has not even 100 deaths from corona.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2020, 03:47 PM

and Ireland...

Problem is that under QMV, Germany, Netherlands and Austria don't stand a chance of pushing back on anything. The other 16 want their money.
Any country taking out a loan of the esm has to underpin the utilisation of it against corona effects, and not being able to do so under their own steam.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-04-2020, 04:23 PM

Any country taking out a loan of the esm has to underpin the utilisation of it against corona effects, and not being able to do so under their own steam.
Who get's what then out of this 500 billion ? What are the share allocations between the countries
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-04-2020, 05:03 PM

Who get's what then out of this 500 billion ? What are the share allocations between the countries
I should think that it would depend on the scope of the problems that the loan is taken out for? Any other ideas?
Allocating is only needed if the total of applied for loans exceeds 500 bn. As shown before, that is not likely.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2020, 06:34 PM

Please stick to the topic and stop the off topic bickering.

Thank you
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-04-2020, 07:51 AM

Italy and Spain etc reject the ESM bailout because it would mean they end up like Greece did in 2008. Nobody wants their countries finances controlled by a Troika arrangement, which is not surprising

I did say yesterday about how the loans would be divided up but I had my post removed by the mods for some reason. It was to outline this, but never mind.

Oh dear....

Here come coronabonds .... 30 years of mutualised debt

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top