Join for free
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Baseball anyone?

I really like following the Toronto Blue Jays which is mostly because they are the 'local' boys. There is a local tour company that runs day trips into Toronto for a few games each season and I make at least one usually with one of my sons. This year, I am thinking of going to 'opening day' (April 9th - a Monday - so take a day off) and go as I have never actually done 'open day' before. The thing is, I'd be going alone (and a bus load of 'others'). What do you think? Would it be much fun on my own? or save the money and go to another game with a son in tow?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 04:17 PM

Re: Baseball anyone?

I think there's always more pleasure in an experience shared, so if it were me I'd go with a friend, as you say you would be alone even in a bus full of others.....
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Going on your own in a bus full of others would make you feel really alone, stay at home and watch it on the TV !
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Do you think you would make a friend or two on that bus?
I'd probably do as Plantman and Annie have suggested, take your son another time and watch it on tv.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2012, 08:16 PM

I don't think I'd make a friend on the bus per say, but I would maybe chat some. Most travel in pairs I find (usually hubby/wife or father/son), not too many 'singles' but there have been some.

I have many that would like to go, but won't but the $ out to do so. My son who LOVEs all sports (doing or watching) will still be away at university and the other son, well not too much interested but if I ask, he may come and pretend lol. My daughter will be much to busy too with school still.
Melinda
North Carolina
Melinda is female 

12-11-2012, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by ClaireMarie ->
I really like following the Toronto Blue Jays which is mostly because they are the 'local' boys. There is a local tour company that runs day trips into Toronto for a few games each season and I make at least one usually with one of my sons. This year, I am thinking of going to 'opening day' (April 9th - a Monday - so take a day off) and go as I have never actually done 'open day' before. The thing is, I'd be going alone (and a bus load of 'others'). What do you think? Would it be much fun on my own? or save the money and go to another game with a son in tow?
I'm a Yankees fan ClaireMarie and seeing them play in person is on my bucket list, but don't think I would enjoy the game much if I was alone.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda ->
I'm a Yankees fan ClaireMarie and seeing them play in person is on my bucket list, but don't think I would enjoy the game much if I was alone.
Hi Melinda - I'm CM's friend, Sue (aka Annie Jack). Maybe I can talk her into a road trip south of the border next season and we can meet you to catch a game! Who knows?
Melinda
North Carolina
Melinda is female 

12-11-2012, 04:53 PM

Sounds like a plan, Sue. Road trip woo hoo!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda ->
Sounds like a plan, Sue. Road trip woo hoo!
Right on!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top