Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2012, 12:38 PM

Counter gone haywire.

I wonder could anyone explain how this happened.
My son set up a small website having recored a couple of songs he wrote and performed, it was just a bit of fun to see what people thought of them. That was last April, when I looked at the hit counter two weeks ago it was 401, I looked again last night and it was a staggering 590331 !!!, I emailed him suggesting he was up all night with his finger on the count button, but he tells me he has no control over this and that I'm only jealous because my son is becoming a rock star at 44!. Seriously, he is baffled by this and thinks somebody is messing about, he works in a hospital servicing their computers so he knows a fair bit about them.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2012, 10:20 AM

Re: Counter gone haywire.

Don't the web spiders and bots create hits while searching web content? Maybe Azz can answer.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top