Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Car boots.

It seems to be an ever growing pastime during the summer months and the vendors seem to be taking their goods indoors during the winter months.

I have been to one or two but usually only come home with books. Although I do like to trawl around when I find time.
Anyone else like to trawl? Or has anyone had a stall on a car boot.

My daughter did one once, before she went off on her travels.
She made a tidy five hundred pounds, selling all her discarded designer clothes, shoes and bags.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 12:48 PM

Re: Car boots.

I have never been to a car boot sale ...... or ever held one myself.
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Mesco, we love em' even if we don't buy anything I love just mooching about and looking at stuff (most of it rubbish)! But heyho each to their own I have picked up bargains and don't buy rubbish. I don't go hoping I will find a valuable antique just for the fun and a good rummage

I have never held one myslef but my son has and he made a lot of money in one day. A good way of getting rid of things you don't want or have two of and make a few bob as well. Nowt wrong with that!

If your in the Lancashire area try Bilsborrow or Clitheroe they are very well organised and Clitheroe is undercover.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Thanks for that Kath. What days are they on please?
Kath 131
Preston, Lancashire
Kath 131 is female  Kath 131 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2012, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Thanks for that Kath. What days are they on please?
Bilsborrow is on every Sunday and Clitheroe Auction Mart is also on Sundays (but Clitheroe you have to pay £1.20 per person entrance fee).

Bilsborrow is not far from Owd Nell's (pub/hotel) which is very popular especially in summer as it is right on Garstang canal and a favourite spot for food and drink sitting beside the canal. Having said that is gets very busy.

Hope you go and enjoy the day.
mesco m
manchester

24-08-2012, 06:37 PM

Thanks very much Kath, we will probably give it a try
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 07:28 PM

I have only ever bought plants at our local car boots, and I have never taken anything to sell at one, but my daughter and son have been clearing out and asked me if had anything to get rid of and wanted to join in if they had one. OH wouldn't be seen dead near one, so I know he won't get involved, but I think I might pluck up courage and join in with my children when they do one. Safety in numbers, I think.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2012, 08:36 PM

I've never been to one either. I think it is a good way of getting rid of stuff you don't need and making a few bob. I wouldn't know what to ask people to pay and I'm rubbish at haggling. I usually take mine to charity shops.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 07:29 AM

I went to one once on the advice of the local police.
I had my van broken into and they advised me to look around Car boot sale's and if I spotted anything to phone them.

My reply was, if I find my stuff I would phone the ambulance people to come and apply first aid to the person selling it.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2012, 09:13 AM

We went to one on Bank Holiday Monday, and its unbelievable the amount of tat that people try to sell. I always look for stuff that is still in its box, ie. new. Just bought a couple of Hardbacks for 25p, and a jar of homemade jam for a pound.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top