Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 11:04 AM

Re: This is amazing

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Cate darlin' - originally I was a Lunnener!!! - Pure bred cockney, born within the sound of Bow bells.

The quotation, as you probably know is from Shakespeare's Richard III - at school we had an 'English' master who was very 'up' on Shakespeare's plays and we 'studied' several of them.
Gor blimey mate and you seem to be such a posh ebeneezer.
Must be Brighton and all that cooking knocked your rough edges orf.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Gor blimey mate and you seem to be such a posh ebeneezer.
Must be Brighton and all that cooking knocked your rough edges orf.
Brighton posh??? - you obviously have never visited here - Brighton is known as the place to spend a 'dirty weekend' at.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 11:23 AM

Brighton posh??? - you obviously have never visited here - Brighton is known as the place to spend a 'dirty weekend' at.
Would that be a place to go so that you didn't have to have a bath or wash behind your ears Uncle Joe?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 11:24 AM

He can't even say their name, yay he can't even write it. This was all new to me as a London gal, I had no idea that there was so much bad blood, however, I can now hiss and spit with the best of em. But. I still love John Lennon.
It does make me smile when the talking heads try to big up games against Chelsea and Arsenal when any Man U fan worth their salt knows very well it's Liverpool that gives us the problems <throwing salt over my shoulder as I typed that>

I think everyone has a soft spot for the Beatles - might look one of their CDs out now
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 11:25 AM

Would that be a place to go so that you didn't have to have a bath or wash behind your ears Uncle Joe?
Or they don't change the bedding from one guest to the next
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Bless you. Yesterday, was definitely a salt over the shoulder day. I made one batch of marmalade and forgot to put enough sugar in it. The second batch boiled over and I mean over everything including the floor. When it came to tea time hubs said that because of the match he would go and get a pizza as I was a jabbering wreck after the marmalade had turned against me.

When he got back with the pizza he apologised for being so long but the girl had dropped the pizza as she was putting it into a box. I said that this was not a good day and he turned to me and said. Yes, well you know who died today and I said NO? and he said Mrs Thatcher, and I thought WELL that's what it was all about then.

Either St. Peter was busy vacuuming and forgot to keep an eye on marmalade or The devil was laughing so much it made the pizza fall.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2013, 11:48 AM

No, no no Cate, Karen darlings - you're getting it wrong again. Brighton had a reputation for entertaining businessmen (and their 'Secretaries' from Friday evening till the following Monday morning - nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Some years ago when I used to work in Lunnen and commute it was fun picking out the businessmen and their secretaries on the Friday evening commuter train and watching those same businessmen with their eyes half way down their cheeks on the early Monday morning commuter train.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-04-2013, 11:51 AM

No, no no Cate, Karen darlings - you're getting it wrong again. Brighton had a reputation for entertaining businessmen (and their 'Secretaries' from Friday evening till the following Monday morning - nudge, nudge, wink, wink). Some years ago when I used to work in Lunnen and commute it was fun picking out the businessmen and their secretaries on the Friday evening commuter train and watching those same businessmen with their eyes half way down their cheeks on the early Monday morning commuter train.
Sounds a bit iffy to me. I was a secretary and nobody ever asked me to go to Brighton. I reckon they was up to no good.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-04-2013, 11:56 AM

Sounds a bit iffy to me. I was a secretary and nobody ever asked me to go to Brighton. I reckon they was up to no good.
Obviously Cate darlin' - which is why and how Brighton achieved its reputation.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

10-04-2013, 11:24 AM

I was never asked away for a dirty weekend either (wonder if they're as much fun as they're made out to be ) but I did get a few bottles of perfume and flowers as a thank you.

Now then Cookie - here's the big question: would you have gone if you'd been asked ....

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top