Join for free
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 03:16 PM

The Coming War On China

Well worth a looksee John Pilger tonight on ITV 10:40 is war with China imminent?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Re: The Coming War On China

I shall be watching that, thanks for the reminder.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 06:22 PM

I suppose it will be inevitable now that someone has brought it to our attention.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2016, 06:43 PM

I hope not. I get lots of goodies from China.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 05:43 PM

Well, just watched this documentary having taped it. Thanks to Doc for the heads up.

I was left with mixed impressions in all honesty.

45mins in, and all I'd seen was an historical account of the development of nuclear weapons and their testing in the South Pacific. It felt hugely like a propaganda film and I was conscious throughout that I was being very manipulated, much the same way you feel when watching the adverts for appeals and charities. You sympathise, but you know those Ads are 100% manipulating your emotions and senses instead of factually appealing to your rational mind. In essence those Ads say, don't bother thinking or researching the charity, just look at these pictures of vulnerable kids and send your money.

The China documentary felt the same way. The editing was hugely purposeful, using tried and tested techniques like constantly repeating a sound bite to cement it in your brain, interspersing pictures of exploding nukes between narrative and using choice bits of music at key moments. The first 45mins, which had nothing to do with any imminent war with China, was total anti-US material emphasising the "guinea-pig" element and planting in the mind the awful aftermath of any nuclear war.

As the programme went on, it was certainly clear that the US has established 1000s of bases across the region and the world. But is that news? really? Everyone knows the US is the world aggressor and seeks planetary dominion. Or at the least that is what they have been brainwashed to think. In truth, planetary control is more complicated. It's never one country. It is a hidden collective of individuals of differing races, cultures and creeds. They have no specific interest in any one country and if it is in their interests to spark off a war between the US and any other country, then that is what they will instigate.

Overall, I had plenty of sympathy with Pilger's documentary, but the techniques he was using, they being hugely psychological, highly manipulative, left me convinced that I was only being told a tiny part of the total story.

Of course the underpinning rational is always going to be that you will NEVER get the truth on mainstream TV which is tightly controlled and censored here in the UK as it is anywhere else.

Still, it was informative in the aspects it covered.

As for nuclear war with China?

Nope.

The US has long since evolved and created more devastating and sophisticated weapons none of which were really covered in the programme.

History, even recent history, shows us how any conflict will be conducted.

First a series of "natural" (cough cough) disasters will occur, (Earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes etc) causing loss of services and a humanitarian crisis.

Second, the country will be shown to be not coping with it

Third, under the guise of the UN, the US will go in with humanitarian aid but take military control on the ground to restore order (people will have descended into riots and violence to get food and water etc)

So, China not a great place to be right now with those impending "natural" (cough cough) disasters to come imo.

How is Japan 5yr on from it's "natural" disaster?
Still recovering and it will still take many years.

Tokyo pledged 26.3 trillion yen (211 billion euros) over five years to rebuild the disaster area and will allocate more funds for the next five years.

More than 160,000 people were evacuated from towns around the Daiichi nuclear plant due to radiation contamination. Around 10 percent still live in temporary housing across Fukushima prefecture.

It's war on a different playing field. People don't realise it or the extent of the weapons in the globalists arsenal.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 05:56 PM

Hi

I see no point at all in getting involved with any military action against China.

We need to keep well out of it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I see no point at all in getting involved with any military action against China.

We need to keep well out of it.
I see no point in our getting involved with any military action against anyone!

We don't have much of an army, or a navy or even an air force any more.

If nuclear weapons were avoided by both sides, I suspect we could defeat France or Italy, though. We could even sell them a collection of white flags beforehand.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top