Join for free
Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:18 PM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

The News has said that a 47 year old man and a 54 year old woman have been arrested in Crawley.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:18 PM

A 47-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman, from Crawley, were arrested in the town at about 22:00 GMT on Friday.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46657505
I assumed the accused would be young males
How odd, I wonder if they are something like protesting climate change activists.....
this lot who were busy yesterday...

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...tion-rebellion
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How odd, I wonder if they are something like protesting climate change activists this lot who were active yesterday...

I think something was said about 'eco-warriors' in the news.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think something was said about 'eco-warriors' in the news.
I missed that JB but the 'attack' seems to have been well organised and executed including in the middle of the night.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Or just leave them chained up at the airport.
Or even ban them from flying anywhere?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How odd, I wonder if they are something like protesting climate change activists.....
this lot who were busy yesterday...

I wonder why this lot aren't protesting in the countries of the largest polluters where their claims might do more good?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 01:50 PM

If they are protesting & attempting to make the world a safer place to live, how can they justify flying drones in an area where aircraft are taking off and landing?

I have no problem with peaceful protests, but where lives & well being can be put at risk, the punishment should be harsh!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I wonder why this lot aren't protesting in the countries of the largest polluters where their claims might do more good?
Because they know the consequences wouldn't be a good outcome for them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If they are protesting & attempting to make the world a safer place to live, how can they justify flying drones in an area where aircraft are taking off and landing?

I have no problem with peaceful protests, but where lives & well being can be put at risk, the punishment should be harsh!
That's the thing with so called activists. Give it another five years and they will be jetting off with their kids along with everyone else.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 04:05 PM

I am interested to know how they found the culprits. I wonder if they were grassed by someone, or did the police managed to track the signals of the transmitter, which I doubt.
Most drones or quadcoptors as I like to call them have 2 frequencies that most use. One for controlling, and another for the camera and FPV.
If you try to jam the controlling frequency. It could automatically do a RTH. (Return to home). Apart that on the 2.4 gig that are used, there are thousands of channels. That is why you can fly many aircraft at the same time in the same area.

Page 9 of 18 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top