Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 08:46 AM

Re: Close-ups

I had an answer from the eBay seller wanting to see a problem of the microscope camera. I shall do this.
Also I am going to see if I can get it to work on my other Android tablet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I get the message 'We can't find your camera' but the app has another go after a few seconds and the microscope camera comes up.

I notice that the W.10 app does have an icon to switch cameras but only if both cameras are plugged in and enabled. The switch has worked a couple of times but not reliably. I have to unplug the webcam.

The app's icon for switching cameras doesn't show with only one camera plugged in/enabled,
Either plugged in or not Mart, win10 does not recognise my camera and therefore there is no option to switch cameras. If it's any help, my camera was bought a few years back before win10 was even a glint in the software developers eyes. I have used the troubleshooter to no avail. It asks me if the camera works on previous editions of windows and tell it 'Yes It did' but then it says that it can't find any appropriate drivers and to contact the manufacturer or provider, which was Maplins. I even checked the microsoft help link which tells me that it is not compatible with win10.....

So plan 'B' Mart.....I am restoring my old desktop computer that was mothballed in the loft. It still runs Vista, and very well I may add. I will not use it on the internet, and just use it for backup and other non internet stuff....At least if my main laptop gets infected or compromised, all the stuff will be securely backed up....And the camera works fine on there.....Plus one or two other things that have not worked on later windows editions..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 11:20 AM

All that could be tried has been tried. You can do no more. I remember some years back that some webcams stopped working with Windows 10. Your microscope camera might fall into this era of camera.

Just as an aside. The camera I have works OK with Linux Mint using a camera program called, 'Cheese'. A good name for a camera program.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 12:37 PM

Oh dear oh dear what have I done?
Messing about with the microscope camera. I turned OFF my webcam and then went into camera, and it saw the microscope camera. Oh wonderful. Took some pics of things.
Now can’t find how to turn on my webcam again and also find where it has stored the pics that I took. Arrrrg I am doomed.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2020, 02:27 PM

How did you turn the webcam off? Was it in Device manager under Cameras? If so, turn it on again there.

Are you sure that you didn't uninstall it by mistake, rather than turn it off? If so, reboot the computer without the microscope camera plugged in. The webcam should reinstall.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

17-08-2020, 05:41 PM

Yes I got it back on. I am so used to using my iPad, that I seem to have forgotten how to use Windows.
Now I need to find the pics that I took.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

18-08-2020, 09:53 AM

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top