Join for free
Page 6 of 23 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2020, 05:42 PM

Re: Bike ride

I rode 5 miles on the ordinary bike this morning. I was intending to ride the e-bike to see my brother this afternoon but it had a rear wheel puncture, so I rode the ordinary bike there and back. Another 4 miles with a long draggy hill in it.

Just got back and have mended the puncture.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 03:49 PM

Despite the flat tire, I hope it was an enjoyable outing for you, Mart! You are a good man for being so giving to your life.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2020, 08:24 PM

I hate rear wheel punctures. It's getting the wheel back in past the spring of the derailleur gears and getting the chain engaged that can be difficult. At the same time, getting the disc in between the brake pads.

Anyway, after a difficult week, a puncture and some hot bike rides, a couple of cold beers made me much more able to keep being good man (thanks SM).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 12:41 PM

Seen a few folks, mainly kids on recumbent bikes lately, just looked them up on Ebay, was surprised how expensive they are. They don't look very ergonomic, not being able to put body weight into peddling.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-08-2020, 05:40 PM

Ask me for an opinion on that and I'd have to sleep on it.

..But really, I don't think I'd like one. Too low down and perhaps hot easily seen in the middle of traffic.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-09-2020, 02:17 PM

I have taken to riding the same 10.5 mile route twice a week on my ordinary bike. Other days are spent going to the allotment on the e-bike. Lots of earth-moving to do at this time of year and that gives me the exercise without the effort of cycling there on the ordinary bike.

Keeps me fit for my age and condition.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I have taken to riding the same 10.5 mile route twice a week on my ordinary bike. Other days are spent going to the allotment on the e-bike. Lots of earth-moving to do at this time of year and that gives me the exercise without the effort of cycling there on the ordinary bike.

Keeps me fit for my age and condition.
Brilliant Mart. It's good to find something that keeps you fit that you actually enjoy.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

30-09-2020, 03:59 PM

I sometimes don't enjoy the rides on the ordinary bike because it is hard going at times but I always feel better for having done it.
Amac
North East of Scotland
Amac is male  Amac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 02:56 PM

Good that you feel you can go back on a normal bike after the electric one. At the insistence of my son, my wife and I hired electric bikes on a weekend away a couple of weeks ago. I was dreading it, having not been on a bike for 30 years, but thoroughly enjoyed our trip along a canal toepath on a sunny day. The only problems were mastering 36 gear combinations, 4 electric and 9 manual, and the constant ache in the rear end! I have been wondering about getting the bikes in our garage made serviceable again and, given your experience it might be worth it...
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 03:59 PM

I have a confession to make. I have just received an exercise bike today. My excuse for it is the lousy weather that we have been having and not being able to use any of my bikes.
Another thing that decided me, was that there are programes on YouTube, that you can peddle to. Apart from the training ones, there are scenery and even rides around towns and cities. They are in real time, not digitalised.
So on this exercise bike you can attach a phone or iPad. There are lots of monitoring functions.
Check it out. Spin bike. Cost me £122.
P.S. it took a lot of energy assembling it.

Page 6 of 23 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top