Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 08:19 PM

Money Saving Tips Forum

Welcome to our new Money Saving Tips section

The place to post tips, coupons, competitions, bargains you find or anything else that you think might help others save money

Please also feel free to ask questions or advice or tips on how you might save money or keep costs down for specific items

When posting, please make sure the title acts as a short summary of your post - so people know what to expect in the thread.. thanks
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 10:28 PM

Re: Money Saving Tips Forum

is the forum for general tips collectively or do we start new threads for each subject?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
is the forum for general tips collectively or do we start new threads for each subject?
Honey start a new thread for for a new tip and ensure the title briefly explains what the tip is for.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 11:03 PM

okey dokey thanks!
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 12:54 PM

I have recently begun shopping differently. I mostly use local shops and buy only what I need, carefully planned meals help me compile my shopping list. No more cupboards full of things I'm not using; no more processed meals lurking in the freezer. My housekeeping expenditure has reduced dramatically. And the bonus is less waste.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 01:22 PM

Reduce your coat hangers in your wardrobe, it will stop you from buying more and more clothes...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Reduce your coat hangers in your wardrobe, it will stop you from buying more and more clothes...
FAB !
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2016, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Yes, I agree. Bundle them up and give them to the charity shop.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

25-01-2016, 06:45 PM

I'm about to do just that as I've cleared out my wardrobes and I've got dozens of hangers I don't need!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2016, 12:51 AM

Wander around in your pjs all day like wot I do. Huge savings. Hardly any washing of clothing required - once every 6 weeks or so. I save a fortune.

Another is not to clean your teef everyday but every couple of days. Big saving on toothpaste. Damn stuff is expensive.

Just had another money saving tip on finishing a bowl of sweetcorn and baked beans and that is to lick plates (or bowls), along with cutlery, clean so you save on washing up liquid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top