Join for free
Page 238 of 259 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 07:13 PM

Re: Coronation Street

Corona Tion Street, hmmm, this could be interesting. I love a good conspiracy theory. Was it Trump? Was it Putin? What's Boris's next move?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Corona Tion Street, hmmm, this could be interesting. I love a good conspiracy theory. Was it Trump? Was it Putin? What's Boris's next move?
d00d! You are a one!.........But I like you...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Extra in the Rovers Return.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2020, 11:52 PM

I can understand the very long gap since anyone last posted on this thread.

We still sit and watch Coronation Street every Monday, Wednesday and Friday but are becoming increasingly bored by what is on offer.

Today's offering largely involved two poofs falling out, to the extent that when they kept re-appearing, I just fast-forwarded a couple of minutes until they had gone. It really should be re-named 'Queer Street'.

The three or four storylines now are becoming incredibly slow and boring. It's as if the writers have run out of any good ideas...
or perhaps they're all ill with Covid!

The only reason we keep watching it week after week is in the forlorn hope that 'Geoff' will eventually get his comeuppance. Unfortunately, he is rarely seen these days.

I'm willing to bet that the viewer numbers have fallen through the floor over the past several weeks.

Is anyone else still watching this crap?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can understand the very long gap since anyone last posted on this thread.

We still sit and watch Coronation Street every Monday, Wednesday and Friday but are becoming increasingly bored by what is on offer.

Today's offering largely involved two poofs falling out, to the extent that when they kept re-appearing, I just fast-forwarded a couple of minutes until they had gone. It really should be re-named 'Queer Street'.

The three or four storylines now are becoming incredibly slow and boring. It's as if the writers have run out of any good ideas...
or perhaps they're all ill with Covid!

The only reason we keep watching it week after week is in the forlorn hope that 'Geoff' will eventually get his comeuppance. Unfortunately, he is rarely seen these days.

I'm willing to bet that the viewer numbers have fallen through the floor over the past several weeks.

Is anyone else still watching this crap?
Yes, I will own up to watching it!

I agree it's rubbish at the moment.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:19 AM

Geoff's story is the only interesting one at the moment, and I miss seeing him. That Goth in the cafe is a rubbish actor IMO, and I can't understand half of what she says (same as Dev). Mary is farsical - and not in a funny way, oh, and just how many more homosexuals are they going to fast forward into the programme?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:27 AM

I haven't watched any of the soaps for years....i think soaps in general have had their day
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 08:55 AM

Ditto. Main TV channels we hardly watch.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 10:20 AM

I was a great Corrie fan for decades. I stopped watching for a while when it just got SO ridiculous that I stopped watching for several months. I then got back into it a bit but am now considering dropping it again. Some of it is just so unbelievable .....like Vicar Billy. Last night he was rowing furiously in the pub, would a vicar behave like that? he is intelligent and well educated yet chooses to be in a partnership with Paul who struggles to put a sentence together And come from a very dysfunctional family. He seems to have nothing in common with Billy either religiously, mentally or socially.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2020, 11:01 AM

Marge came up with a good suggestion last night.
She said that we could look up the previews for the following episode each day and if Geoff doesn't feature we won't watch it!

Page 238 of 259 « First < 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top