Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 03:16 PM

Re: Nasa to launch first crewed mission from US in decade

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I appreciate that space travel and all the technology involved is an amazing achievement but would have thought that now is not the time to do it.

That money could be far better used on PPE, Hospital staff, vaccine research, cancer cures, and sorting out the myriad other problems here on this planet without 'boldly going' off to bother others.
Possibly but you can't dictate to him how he spends his money.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Very true - but is it his money to spend? Does it not belong to the America tax payers?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 03:23 PM

Very true - but is it his money to spend? Does it not belong to the America tax payers?
I don't see why it would........
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Well, they have to get rid of Donald somehow!
Could that be the reason he started a special division of space soldiers?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, quite pleased to see it. Speaking as an American, I must say I've been a tad embarrassed that we had to rely on the Russians to get us into space. No reason for it really, except that the politicians dropped the ball and dramatically reduced funding.

I wish Space-X and the two astronauts well.
What are they trying to do BM, sread the virus to the rest of the
solar system??
We all know what high speed travel has caused dont we??

Donkeyman! 😇😇😇
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Just re-read the article, Besoeker, and seen it is a privately owned mission so you are quite right - it is nothing to do with me - or the american tax payers.

I still think it is a waste of money though and would have more respect for Elon Musk if he were offering to help fight the plague rather than playing spacemen.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

20-04-2020, 07:23 AM

Just re-read the article, Besoeker, and seen it is a privately owned mission so you are quite right - it is nothing to do with me - or the american tax payers.

I still think it is a waste of money though and would have more respect for Elon Musk if he were offering to help fight the plague rather than playing spacemen.
Or the cost of the hardware.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2020, 10:45 AM

Could Elon Musk be the new 'Blofeld' and has he taken the James Bond film 'Diamonds are Forever' seriously with his launching of over 12,000 satellites in order to blackmail the world. Together with Donald Trump and NASA....
The similarities to the film are remarkable, and even take note of who produced the film.....

Diamonds Are Forever is a 1971 spy film and the seventh in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions. It is the sixth and final Eon film to star Sean Connery, who returned to the role as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond, having declined to reprise the role in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969).

The film is based on Ian Fleming's 1956 novel of the same name, and is the second of four James Bond films directed by Guy Hamilton. The story has Bond impersonating a diamond smuggler to infiltrate a smuggling ring, and soon uncovering a plot by his old enemy Ernst Stavro Blofeld to use the diamonds to build a space-based laser weapon. Bond has to battle his enemy for one last time, to stop the smuggling and stall Blofeld's plan of destroying Washington, D.C., and extorting the world with nuclear supremacy.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 05:26 PM

Does the fact it is privately owned make outer space private???
Once he has got his thousands of satellites dispersed all around
the planet maybe he plans to claim all the space enclosed by his
satellites belongs to him, and if anybody wants to pass through
' HIS' space must pay a fee??
Do you think lm going too far?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
biffo
Norfolk UK
biffo is male  biffo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2020, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Does the fact it is privately owned make outer space private???
Once he has got his thousands of satellites dispersed all around
the planet maybe he plans to claim all the space enclosed by his
satellites belongs to him, and if anybody wants to pass through
' HIS' space must pay a fee??
Do you think lm going too far?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
More subtle than that, he will know exactly who you are,
where you've been and what you've been up to!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top