Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:19 AM

Who's Afraid of Chlorinated Chicken ?

Catherine McBride is a senior economist and the Institute of Economic Affairs and not only is she as sharp as tack, she has a beautiful way of writing and getting her point across.

Anyway, here is her 11 minute read on the chlorinated chicken fiasco and how the anti-Brexit lobby are trying to scare the UK public into protesting a UK - USA trade deal in the vain hope that we will rejoin the EU and reject freedom of choice. More food snobbery from the rich remainers who turn their noses up at food that doesn't have Tesco's Finest on the label - as you will find out in the article.

Intensive poultry farming is popular all over the world. We use the same methods as the USA, the EU and the everywhere else. Chlorinating poultry products is a safety measure to ensure harmful bacteria is destroyed to increase consumer safety. It should be the standard for intensive poultry farming all over the world and I would also (in my opinion) broaden the scope to all poultry products where possible and clearly label those that are not to make sure the consumer takes extra care during preparing them for the table.

Anyway, grab a mug of tea and have a read of this

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/wh...nated-chicken/

And then have a read of this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9629396.html

Happy Tuesday !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:35 AM

Re: Who's Afraid of Chlorinated Chicken ?

Not me, chlorine levels at above 10 ppm are not allowed for use in the food industry in Australia.

Personally I'd be more worried about the UK's salmonella chickens, fortunately importation of raw and cooked chicken meat into Australia is strictly controlled by our Bio Security Laws.

The Australian Government has undertaken an extensive Import Risk Analysis (IRA) and based on this work has established prescribed risk management measures for a range of disease agents.

Most countries find it difficult to meet these rigorous requirements and, for that reason, the only country for which importation of raw chicken meat is currently permitted (under specified conditions) is New Zealand. Under a separate protocol, cooked chicken meat may be imported from New Zealand.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Catherine McBride is a senior economist and the Institute of Economic Affairs and not only is she as sharp as tack, she has a beautiful way of writing and getting her point across.

Anyway, here is her 11 minute read on the chlorinated chicken fiasco and how the anti-Brexit lobby are trying to scare the UK public into protesting a UK - USA trade deal in the vain hope that we will rejoin the EU and reject freedom of choice. More food snobbery from the rich remainers who turn their noses up at food that doesn't have Tesco's Finest on the label - as you will find out in the article.

Intensive poultry farming is popular all over the world. We use the same methods as the USA, the EU and the everywhere else. Chlorinating poultry products is a safety measure to ensure harmful bacteria is destroyed to increase consumer safety. It should be the standard for intensive poultry farming all over the world and I would also (in my opinion) broaden the scope to all poultry products where possible and clearly label those that are not to make sure the consumer takes extra care during preparing them for the table.

Anyway, grab a mug of tea and have a read of this

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/wh...nated-chicken/

And then have a read of this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9629396.html

Happy Tuesday !
A good read Bread, thanks for posting. The BBC have done more damage to this country in the last five years than Hitler did......Except nobody noticed....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A good read Bread, thanks for posting. The BBC have done more damage to this country in the last five years than Hitler did......Except nobody noticed....
Your're dead right there OGF
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That is a left wing view point (chicken wing ,get it) but chickens have a right wing as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 01:42 PM

Haven't read the article it don't need to...
Firstly I don't eat chicken ..
Secondly I have something called a brain which I use to decide what I do or don't want to eat regardless of where it does or doesn't come from ....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 01:42 PM

I am not afraid of chlorinated chicken - because I will not be eating any. Just because america sends it over here does not mean we are obliged to buy/eat the stuff!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-07-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Haven't read the article it don't need to...
Firstly I don't eat chicken ..
Secondly I have something called a brain which I use to decide what I do or don't want to eat regardless of where it does or doesn't come from ....
Ahhh freedom of choice.

Music to my ears Meg
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Ahhh freedom of choice.

Music to my ears Meg
Ditto. Don't forget that every single drop of tap water we drink contains chlorine and fluorine so every time you wash food you're "contaminating" it with CHLORINE. Shock, horror!
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2020, 03:32 PM

I'm not a person who considers chicken to be a food other than tolerated if that is all there is on offer. As for chlorinated - our public water system is chlorinated by law, so why should meat washed in chlorinated water present a problem to public health :shrug:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top