Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 12:02 PM

Re: Princess Anne

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am not a royalist OGF .
They can’t help having the luck to be being born into a privileged position that ok and I have nothing against Princess Anne but sycophantic celebration of how hard working they are somewhat sticks in the crow .
I don't think it's necessarily luck Muddy....Money and stuff isn't everything, and it's nice to go out and just be another random geezer....But I take your point about the work.....Being Royal doesn't rate as work where I come from....
monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

30-07-2020, 12:09 PM

I would hate to be a Royal, it must be awful being in the public eye 24/7.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 12:32 PM

I have huge respect for Princes Anne.

!) Because she does work hard, even an assistant who goes with her admitted that she was exhausted & had no idea how Anne managed to do so much.

2) She hated the press attention she received when she was young, so made sure her children never had to suffer the same.

3) She supports the charities where she feels their actions help people & goes to speak to the people they help, in a very informal manner.

4) When she does the investitures it must take her ages to learn things about all the people involved, but those people say her conversations really makes them feel at ease!

What a shame she won't be our next Monarch!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 05:54 PM

I wouldn’t want to swap places with a Royal. I rather liked clocking off at 5, or 5.30, knowing that was my lot till 9am the next day, with weekends off.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 06:20 PM

Being born royal immediately puts them on a pedestal, only to be put in their place by every man jack wanting to have a pop.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 08:51 AM

I watched it for the first 15 mins but it didn't really grab my attention so we switched it off.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I watched it for the first 15 mins but it didn't really grab my attention so we switched it off.
I gave it a swerve also Carol. I don't suppose Princess Anne would be all that interested in watching a documentary about me either....
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I watched it for just a little longer than 15 minutes before I switched it off too Carol. It was extremely repetitive I thought - on and off helicopters, shaking hands with folks and her children and lady in waiting giving their views on her life. I do see her has the hardest working of the Royals but her life doesn't look that interesting from what I saw!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:22 AM

Anne: The Princess Royal at 70

A celebration of her life, the interviews with her family and friends were an insight into the private person her hobbies and relationship with grandchildren. Details about her childhood with some delightful video. Being on ITV with breaks for ads spoilt it, admittedly.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Being born royal immediately puts them on a pedestal, only to be put in their place by every man jack wanting to have a pop.
I can’t think who puts them on a pedestal.
People with no sense I imagine.
If they take public money as they do they have to put up with taking what the public thinks of them .

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top