Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:04 AM

Re: Found in the Outhouse

Gorgeous work....I had to smile at poppy relaxing on the bird table...so funny and so typical of cats.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:11 AM

Those are fabulous, TessA!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 07:58 AM

Time to bring them out of the outhouse and display them somewhere. They are very good and I'm sure somebody would be pleased to hang them on a wall.

I'd say to donate them to some sort of public place if you don't want them. A library, hospital, doctor's surgery for instance. Most have artwork on the walls. People will look at and admire them.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:03 AM

Lovely, just lovely. Works of art.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:42 AM

Tessa they are all so good and, if you are no longer able to
produce art like this, it would be tragic to throw them away.

One day, somebody in your family will say " Tess was a really good artist" and another person will say " Oh show me some"....how sad if these works of art have not been retained.

Why do some of the artists on OFF not realize what a great talent they have?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:47 AM

Sadly my little bungalow has few walls big enough to display big pictures.
I'm going to buy some greaseproof paper to cover the pastels and try to find my portfolio to store them in (have to poke a family member up a ladder, into the loft).
There's about 50 life drawings left in the portfolio that I keep hoarding.

The tabby has found a home now
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:55 AM

How talented you are Tessa !
Those paintings are fantastic
You been hiding your light under a bushel or rather in the outhouse !
I don’t know if greaseproof is ok for pastels but why not get or make a mount for them . Mounts are cheap ( about 3.50 for a 14x11 ) size ,you could make your own from any cardboard box as you are only storing the pictures and using the mount to keep the wrapping paper of the picture and use florists clear wrapping paper also cheap form hobby craft .
This will keep them nice .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2020, 08:56 AM

Thanks for all your kind comments.

Just to add, I also found a box of my Steampunk hats, my best ones. They'd been moved down from the loft when the roof was renewed last year.
I forgot they were there, they're all mouldy and ruined. Even my Nautilus one I made for the Extravaganza. My pith helmet may be salvageable, but dodgy, looks like I've worn it through a few jungles and been attacked by a baboon.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Those pictures are absolutely superb, the cat amongst the bricks and the old man especially so.

If you can't find a place for them in your home, and I would really try if I were you, why not see if a local care home would like them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

31-07-2020, 02:04 PM

Thanks Fruity! I've no wall space left,(tiny bungalow).
I'd have to reframe them to give them away.
I think I'll go with Muddy's idea, they have mounts already, I'll wrap them and find a box or folder, they're big pictures.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top